Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Tunisia Jan 09
10 Posts
Hi Bernadette

No visa required for English poeple to enter Tunsia, if you are travelling through a Tour Operator only your ID card is required if not you need to use your passeport, airport taxes are also not required as they are included in the flight ticket.
for the change rate actually 10tnd are almost 5 pounds and according to many european visitors, life in Tunsia is still cheaper, ex : if you take a taxi for 10km you have to pay about 5.tnd, a 1 and 1/2 liter water bottle is 0.5 tnd outside the hotels....so you welcome to Tunisia and enjoy.
No visa required for English poeple to enter Tunsia
or for Scottish, Welsh or Irish poeple either :D

Hi Bernadette :tup

There is no entry/exit tax as yet although there was a sugesstion that one might be imposed in the future.
You will be given an entry visa card on the plane (one per person) which you should fill in and present at the airport, there is no charge involved.

Only change as much money as you think you will need every couple of days as you are not allowed to take the currency out of Tunisia and it will cost you to exchange it back to £ Sterling.

This is an excellent currency convertor that you can print off and take with you - http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

I would suggest you leave it to the last minute before printing it off so that it is accurate with the fluctuations that are happening with the pound at the moment.

Have a good holiday :cheers
Graham
or for Scottish, Welsh or Irish poeple either

Hey Kiltman:) ,

Don't be too hard on Goldfeet he's Tunisian, and lives there.

I guess there is a good chance he hadn't considered the "Scottish, Welsh or Irish people" being any different from the English, and I'm sure they're not. lol

Kevin :tup
Hi Kevin :wave:

" you know your peole, I know my country"

Many thanks for clarifing this :que , that's correctly what i ment, but I found it nice remarque from Graham :D
May be we'll speak about this in a small café when you are in Djerba.
Have a nice time
I would certainly recommend the Oanda Cheat Sheet mentioned by Graham for currency rates. I always print off and laminate a couple of copies and take them with me, also the Euro/£ one,as prices in the Duty Free are in Euros and find them invaluable. As the exchange rate is set by the government you will get the same rate anywhere - banks, hotels etc. ATMs are everywhere. You can't use dinars in the Duty Free at any of the airports but the coffee shop airside at Monastir takes them quite happily and I seem to remember the one at Tunis does as wel, so you can use up any small change there. Have a wonderful time Bernadette - I've got to wait until April before I go back to Sousse which seems like ages away.
We also have the HT Cheat Sheet which is available by clicking Holiday Tools at the top right of the page. Unfortunately this is only available in the subsilver and not the Xmas theme.

luci :wave
Hi,

Just to confirm - you can use dinars at the airside coffee shop in Tunis.

On another note - I've just looked at the Oanda Cheat Sheet for today's rate. 1 GBP = 1.90 TND? :yikes Is this really right?? I knew the pound was taking a battering but that's shocking. I was there in October and £1 was 2.16 TND.

Ouch.

A.
just printed off currency cheatsheet its £1 = 1.90 tunisian dinar this now :think it was 2.24 back in september , just gos to show how weak the pound is this now

Never mind im sure we will have a brilliant holiday anyway ,looking forward to flying out today to tunisia for the first time
:cheers

merry christmas everyone and all the best for 2009
Oh goodness, I know it's been dropping a bit this past year but that's terrible - goodness knows what it will be by April when I'm next out there. Thank goodness I've at least got 83 dinars to start me off :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.