Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
can't help you marmaris but im sure chelsea boy will or john toohey
but just to give you an insite to turkey i have a download on my website if you are broadband try that and have a look
i know you will enjoy yourselves marmaris is lively :sun2
Shades5

Firstly welcome to the forums. In my opinion you have chosen a good location in firstly Turkey and of course Marmaris. We have been going the last 10 years or so, so you could say we are biased. I don't know your hotel but I see it gets favourable reviews. From what I can see on the Marmaris map it is quite near Migros Supermarket ( a bit like Asda etc). It looks like you are in the Siteler area of Marmaris. You are not that far away from the newish waterpark. Can't say anything about the bars etc up that end but there will be plenty believe me with football shown in plenty of them as the Turkish are football mad. You will be about a ten minute or less walk to the beach. It's not the best of beaches but there are good bits. I would also try a lazy day boat trip as they are excellent. Efes is the local lager and you can get it in Wetherspoons over here. Turkish people are very friendly and some people think are a bit too pushy to get you to come into their restaurants/bars etc. I personally don't find this and just smile and say no thanks. It will be hotting up nicely when you go (see the other thread from temperatures). Any specific queries just as. Best bet is to have a look through some of the previous posts.

Wilson ;)
Hi shades5 welcome ,Wilson has about nailed it with his reply ,have a great holiday i am sure you will enjoy it .
Bluepeterno1
Havent been to Marmaris but have been to Turkey for last 2 holidays. My hubs and I are in our 40s too. We loved it....Turkey is beautiful, the Turkish people we met were really great. Even the youngsters happy to spend time of day having a laugh with middle age fat people (i refer to hubs here not to myself). Lots to do. We did jeep safari, dalaman river, mud baths, hubs paraglided and went quad biking, and of course, the turkish baths.

The Dalaman river trip was great....wonderful tombs and turtles spotting all in one. It was our favourite trip.

Have a fantastic time. I feel quite sure that it is impossible to go to turkey without becoming hooked.
Thanks to all the replies if the turkish people are as friendly as the people on here we will have a great time, once again thanks all , but keep the information coming the more i hear the more i like.
Hope you like it shades. Most people who go seem to return, so that says it all really. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.