Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have holidayed in Turkey alone and I always felt comfortable there. I would suggest that you choose a smaller resort rather than somewhere big like Marmaris, I stayed in Bitez and that was perfect because everything was so close and I didn't have to go far from the apartment to the beach or restaurants. I would say if you are happy to holiday alone anywhere then Turkey is a great place to go, some people just wouldn't happily travel alone anywhere.
Hi Kedi thanks for reply have seen Antalya on the holiday pages of Portlands is this a good resort do you think?
I have never been to Antalya so I can't really say. I'm sure someone who has been there will be able to let you know though.
I also, would say Bitez. It is the most safe and friendly resort I have ever been to.

Marn. :cheers
I would give Marmaris a miss as it is a huge resort. I haven't been to a smaller resort but perhaps one of the big complex resorts would be good.
I would be happy to go to Kalkan on my own. Onyy downside is the longish transfer from the airport but it's a lovely resort.
I also know ladies who have been alone to Turunc. I would agree about not going to one of the large brash resorts, but if you go to one of the smaller ones as suggested and make sure you stay somewhere central so you don't have to walk anywhere lonely at night - not that the danger there is any greater than here, I think it would be a great place to go.
Thanks everyone - lots to look at then, I am pretty sensible when travelling alone anywhere and tend not to go into back streets late at night and bars etc I select carefully, so no different to Turkey I would imagine.

Thank you all very kind of you. x
Hi Pinky, I would agree with Meerkat that Kalkan would be good for you, scroll back to January 15th to find Discussion on Kalkan topic, also, look at website Enjoy Kalkan for more information. No disrespect to those who love the Antalya region but we were told many years ago that it is full of Germans and Russians. I would also recommend that you check out what Kedi said and consider Bitez as well in your mix. Kedi knows quite a lot about Turkey. All the best.

Les
Hi Les I will check out all the suggestions, thanks everyone
Hi Toni,

look at Icemelar.

Its just round the corner from Marmaris, but completly different, much quieter and i think you'd love it.

Good places to eat, and no hassle to drag you in, cos if they do they can get shut down.

Regards,

Julian
Hi Jules isn;t Icemelar familiy orientated, I don't mind busy or quiet come to that, but if its family first i.e. tons of kids then not really for me solo travellers tend to stick out like a sore thumb too. Forgot Turkey is one of your passions should have asked you first ;)
Miss Pink,

Icmeler is suitable for anyone really. It's a quieter resort than Marmaris, but busier than Turunc. It's an in-between resort realy that caters for families, singles, anyone really. The good thing with Icmeler, you can have a quiet day or evening, but if you want something a little livelier, head for the canal or Marmaris and you can have a ball! I would agree Icmeler is a good choice. If you avoid the school holidays, it'll just be younger famillies rather than tons of kids.

Darren
I will be looking at going Feb/March next year and just for a week so hopefully school hols are not then, don't get me wrong I don't want to avoid kids being around, but been there and done that and if possible would like to avoid them during my week.
Miss Pink,

If you're looking at Feb / March, that will rule out many resorts as it's out of season for Turkey. Weather isn't ideal at that time of year either as it's generally cooler with rain expected. I'm the same as you, I don't mind kids being around but after working with school groups for the next 6 weeks when they break up, I'll be glad of 2 weeks of peace and quiet in September when they go back!

Darren
So Feb/Mar not ideal time then - maybe leave until later on in the leave - can't be for this year as already had one and going away again next month. I just fancied somewhere different - I love Spain have been to many different places in spain and love the Spainish too but fancied a change and Feb/March is the ideaL first break time after the Christmas busy period at home and work - re-think on the cards.
Toni,
if you want to go somewhere Feb/Mar, and want some good weather, try Egypt, or if you really want to be brave.....Goa! its an amazing place.

:cheers J
Jules, Goa don't think is for me and not so sure about Egypt on my own either Sharm is popular tho
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.