Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkey in April?
12 Posts
hi shirley i normally go in may but this year im going 22 nd april to icmeler i booked easy jet flights £104 return going for 10 days booked apartments .the temperatures in april i been told should be 80 s .i never book any holiday with tour op so cant answer that question. my total holiday family 4 £700 flight,apt,taxi.
I lived near Gumbet and most places were closed until mid to late April. Some places are open in Bitez and Bodrum is beginning to open up more too. I'm not sure that there are many direct flights to Bodrum though in April, maybe have a look at Goldtrail or H4U as they use Onur air and I think they start earlier than some of the others. The weather is usually really nice, warm in the days but chilly at night and the sea is very cold.
Thanks both. If we went it would be for the first 2 weeks of April. Where would be open then please? We don't mind doing DIY but the only airports close to us are Bristol and Cardiff. I need to check if Easyjet go to Turkey from Bristol in April or BMI baby from Cardiff. Thanks again.
The resorts in the Antalya area are warmer in the earlier months than other areas.They are available all year round with Thomas Cook.
I am going to Bodrum in May and I noticed in the brochure that some hotels are open from April 1st,but I have just looked in the TC brochure and the regional flights dont start until May.
Around the Marmaris/Icmeler area:
Most resorts are extremely quiet in April. Smaller ones will only have 1 or 2 restaurants open, and larger ones more, but there is usually still building work going on in preparation for the new season, which starts in earnest in May.
The weather can be beautiful, but can also rain quite a bit, and is quite changeable.
Although we have never been to the Antalaya region I believe the weather is likely to be better, and probably towns like Side and Alanya will be more geared up for tourists at that time of year.
Don't get me wrong it can be lovely and getting around sightseeing (maybe hiring a car), is a good option before the really hot weather. There is some spectacular scenery, unspoilt villages etc., around the coastline - particularly the Bozburn peninsula.
Shirley,
As Jay Trip says, Antalya is the best area to go to in April. We have been in April for the last 6 years or so. Always had wonderful weather and got great tans. Thomas Cook do packages to Lara Beach/Belek all year round.You will need to look at their winter sun selection. Must admit though although all the hotels are 5* luxury, 99% of them are AI, and all the entertainment is hotel based. There is very little to do outside of the hotels and a distinct shortage of pubs, restaurants etc Don't know if this will suit you all?

Denny
Shirley,Thomas Cook flights from Bristol to Antalya start on 7th April.The HB hotels this week are quite expensive but it is Easter.
Thanks again. Jay Trip that 7th April flight would just about be in time for us. We're stuck with school Easter hols and we'd be back just in time to start back school ;)

I'm going to keep researching. My first stop will be to price up the flight on the TC website. The high price you mentioned is always what we're up against whenever we go away, as both myself and sister work in a school :(
The weather in April can be lovely. Our pool was opened at the beginning of April in 2008 because it was so good. Probably better to do DIY though. I think most tour operators start in May.
weve been going to marmaris and antalya once about the past 6 easters and the weather can be warm for a few hours but certainly not warm enough to go in pools or the sea as they were freezing, we were there last easter and we got a few hours each day to sit in sun but only about 3 days in the week and for about 3 hours, 3 years ago we went to antalya and the weather wasnt that great either, you can be lucky its a gamble, we had showers and the temps only reached 23 max, averaged between 18-21 most days. but its certainly warmer than the uk and you might get lucky
when went to Hermra in Antalya a few years back on 28th March for 2 weeks, temps was in the 70's easily, Was very warm much like our English summer. Hot enough to be sunbathing around the pool from around 10am till 5pm. Rained twice in 14 days. Evenings was cooler but not chilly. Indoor pool was actually turned off heating wise during 2nd week as people was starting to use outdoor pool which althouh was cold you did get used to it after a while and was refreshing enough to jump in to cool down. We are going back to Hotel Alba Resort this May for the last 2 weeks so not long now!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.