Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Chelseagirl ,i have searched all my usual sources for this translation ,but i cannot find any such words ,are you sure of the spelling and it may be a help if we knew what context these words were said .I will keep searching and help you if i can .

Bluepeterno1
cg

I have googled "seninle" and came up with "centre le"

baz

Your second one maybe something to do with forums.

PS Knowing me, I will be way out.
Hi again Chelseagirl ,if you go on to u tube and type in the word seninle ,there is quite a few refernces to it , dont know if it is the name of a turkish band or turkish ,dont know if this will help or not ,i think the word means sending ,again not entirely sure .

Bluepeterno1
Intertran, used on a Googled page, gives the following (I think):

Seninle ... Yours, thine, of you

Tanistigima ... Acquainted

Don't bet too much money on this being correct but at least the two together are logical.
seninle means with you

tanisdigima means that I met

ie seninle.... tanisdigima that i met you

ben seninle tanisdigimiza memnun oldum

I was glad to meet you

Let me know if you need any more help
hi
i also have a question about turkish translation. My husband has to take some medical equipment with him on holiday he has a letter from papworth hospital in english to explain what it is but they didnt have one in turkish. I have tried typing the text into a couple of translation sites, but when i translate it back again ( just to check !! i dont want to offend any turkish officials by giving them something if i dont know what it means !!! ) it translates as a load of rubbish with nothing to do with the original text !!! Does any one have any suggestions or would i be best just to take the english letter and hope that if there are any problems that some one will speak english.
Thanks
Katherine
garypilling, thank goodness you solved that its been driving me crazy ,managed to get seninle at 1.30am this morning ,but the other one had me beat.Well done .

Katherinelc. i have been carrying medical letters to turkey for years now ,all in english ,never had any problems ,i think you will find that there are plenty people in turkey who wil be able to read it ok ,i would'nt worry to much about it ,enjoy your holiday.

Bluepeterno 1
thanks bluepeterno 1 thats very reassuring
Katherine
hi all, thank you all very much for your help, i have now been able to understand an e.mail from turkey, and those 2 words have been driving me crazy,
thanks again for all your help. :tup :)
Hi Katherine,

You would be very wise to translate the letter into Turkish before you go to Turkey - very few Turkish doctors speak English. If you would like me to translate it into Turkish for you I'd be more than happy to do so.

Strawberry
hi strawberry thanks for your offer, the letter is really only to make sure customs know that it is medical equipment when going through the airport so i think it will be fine im sure some of the airport / customs staff will speak english, but thanks for the offer anyway
Katherine :)
Hi Katherine,

If you're taking medical equipment then that may be simpler when going through customs, but you will probably find that most of the custom officers speak VERY little English.

Hopefully, you shouldn't have a problem anyway; only time you might is if you needed medicines out there and didn't have the generic name.

Have a fab holiday!

Strawberry
Im using before you know it to try and teach myself a bit of Turkisk for this year.

This phrase should be good for anyone out for a walk near the shops etc
Hayir tesekkur ederim-Pronounced --Highear teshekuler derim

NO THANKS :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.