Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
bora bora in magaluff has some great shows on thru the week , full of families , rodeo bull for the kids etc , be early to get seats tho .
Hi,
The Marina is up the hill i believe.Both Magaluf beach and the Son Matias beach are both within easy walking distance.
Have a look at the Palma Nova map at http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk and Google Earth
Ruby Tuesdays at the bottom of the hill opposite the Tobago Hotel has plenty of family entertainment on.
Have a great holiday
Stayed at Marina Torrenova last year. Hotel is ok - clean, friendly etc. but it did my head in by the second week. Couldn't get a sunbed around pool (big queue of people at 7.45am ready for the dash - used to watch it from balcony - get a life you sad people), if you did get one you were squashed like sardines. Struggled to get a table in the dining room because staff couldn't cope with volume of people. Hotel is on a hill but it's not that bad. The better of the beaches is Son Matias (Palma Nova) and there are loads of bars with music, entertainment. Palma Nova is the quieter.
Thanks for your replys they are very helpful.
Dave
I have holidayed many times in Palmanova from when the children were little, they are now 13 & 10.

The pool areas in most of the Palmanova Hotels are small. Most people hit the beach, there are plenty to choose from. The only time they get really busy is over the weekends, when more locals also come to the beach.

Palmanova is the quieter resort more relaxing, whereas Magalluf is more full on. (This is the beauty of the place) you're able to easily move between the two. Also now my children are older, we also take advantage of the waterparks in Magalluf. They love these.

We've always found that the youngsters who have come to Magalluf to party, don't usually come out until 11.00ish, I'm usually thinking of going to bed then.
Cheers iloveholidays100, can you reccomend any good bars to take the kids. I have been to Palma Nova but it was about ten years ago we stayed in the Santa Luscia hotel but I bet it has changed a bit since then.
Dave
We don't holiday with kids, but Benny Hills in Magaluf and Ruby Tuesdays in PN seem very popular with families.
just incase you havent seen the reviews for your hotel here they are :D
Hello Fiona, thanks for that but I have had a look already.
Lady Scorpio, do you know what sort of thing these two places put on for the kids? and thanks for your reply.
Dave
I'm not sure as we usually sit outside, but at Benny Hill there are loads of kids around so if they are looking to make friends they shouldn't have a probolem here. There is a disco inside and there are machines for them to play on. At Ruby Tuesdays, again not sure it is just children's entertainment, but there are boards outside advertising live entertainment and there is a great view of Palma Nova bay from the terrace. Apparently they do really good food as well (not sure if you are self catering or in a hotel). I'm sure you will have a great time.
If you are taking the children I recomend the Pirates show in Magaluff they will love it.
Hello Pepsigirl, yes we would like to see the Pirates show, I have priced it up for the five of us and it is just to expensive for one night out at over £200.00 I will just have to pass on that one, but thanks any way.

Dave
we are going to this hotel next summer so let me know what you think when you get back, cheers!
HI there, you will probably find that the hotel does evening entertainment for the kids ie parrot show and magicians, not my cup of tea but the kids (3 and 5) love it.
If you cant get round any pools, dont worry as the beach is lovely and clean, I am going in September but of coutrse, it wont be so busy then. Good luck with the kids on school holidays!

jj
Hello, well been back a couple of weeks now and I have nothing but good words to say about this hotel, we got of to a bad start we got there the day after a big storm with trees blocking the roads so the bus could not get up to the hotel and were droped of at the bottom of the hill near the hotel, well they say its a bit of a climb up the hill but doing it with two suit cases was very hard work.
The hotel is a Thomson family hotel so thought it may not be up to much but got a big surprise it is kept to a high standard and vey clean all over. We had a room on the 5th floor with a sea view very nice our daugter had a room on the same floor with a pool view. I can see wear there might be some hard times getting a sun bed in the summer, there was always plenty when we were but this may be because there was a lot of just couples and not all familys the pool is a good size with plenty of sun beds with a nice kiddie pool.
Our daugter made use of the kids club again very good to get a bit of a break from them during the day and three times a week at night although you do have to pay 3 euros a child at night but they do get pop and crisps in with this, so it did give her a bit of time to go down to the town for a drink with out them.
The food was some of the best we have had even better than some 4* hotels we have stayed in, they even had proper Bacon and there was always a roast meat/lots of salads/ a fish and plenty of other meats and stews, if you like a nice desert there loads of these evan proper custard and a very good chess board.
The hotel entertainment was good but the beer prices were on the high side even for a hotel, in the town we were paying 2 euros a pint in the hotel it was 3.50 euros although you can get a bottle of good wine for 6 euros kids pop was 2.10 euros for a small bottle.
So I give this hotel the thumbs up I would even go there even without kids, as did a lot of couples, if you like a Quiet drink away from the hotel there is a nice Spainish owned bar just at the back of the hotel called the Bristol with a pool table, and if you like a game of bingo try Ruby Tuesdays bar just down the hill on the way into town one night the prize was 400 euros they also have tribute acts on, the Elvis was very good.

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.