Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Underwater cameras
142 Posts
Thanks for all the comments.
My daughter suffers from "dropsey syndrome" (she's 9) and an expensive camera is NOT an option :lol:
The one mentioned that floats will, knowing our luck, float away or be eaten by one of those fish you mention :!:
And Swiss - no relation to anyone in Egypt as far as I know.Wesh through and through.
I got my photos back yesterday of the fish in the sea, although i can see the pics clearly the colours are wishy washy and thats polaroid, i dont rate them at all. If you can afford something better that maybe a better option.
Hi there,

Can anyone recomend a decent disposable under water camera, or point me in the right direction to get the housing for an Casio Z30.

Off the Sharm 2 weeks today and would like to really get some under water photos as I hear it is amazing.

Thanks,
Dale
As pippy isn't here, you may find some info HERE or HERE

The scond option is more expensive, but a lot better in the long run, especially if you dive.
Thanks Everest,

Think I will go for the second option as I am a diver and that is an excellent price.

Thanks alot
Dale
:bow :bow :bow :bow
Just received the EWC-40 today and I must say I am very inpressed with it.

All being well I will try and and post to of my first under water photos on my return.

Just 5 days to go now....can't wait... :hyper :hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Thanks for all your help....

Cheers

Dale
You're welcome Dale.

Don't forget to use the silicon bags inside the housing.
Sorry for being think, but what silicon bags??
You normally get at least 1 silicon bag included with underwater housing. You place them in the case and they absorb moisture and help prevent condensation when underwater.

You can buy extra ones at ifsogo.com but I got double the quantity for the same price from E-bay, around £5 for 10 reusable sachets! Bargain :D

Hope this helps - Claire x
It's silica gel - absorbs moisture and you get them in with all sorts of things to avoid condensation damage. Pop 'em in the oven every now and then to drive off the adsorbed moisture or they'll be as much use a chocolate teapot.
Got no bags with the housing, just a tube of anti fog and greese.

Do I really need these bags?????

Dale.
Dwalton,

The silicon bags are there to absort moisture in the air trapped inside of the housing. This helps reduce the chance of condensation in the housing by absorbing moisture as chances are, you'll have seeled the housing in a warm, humid climate (ie on holiday). When you take the camers in to the water, which is normally cooler depending on where you are in the world, then there is a risk of the cooler temperatures causing condensation inside the housing (as the walls of the housing cool, they act as a condensor). That's where the silicon bags come in, they help to absorb the moisure in the trapped air to minimise this problem. I don't bother with them personally as the size of the housing and camera system I use would mean I'd have to half fill the housing for them to work with any effect. In a small hosuing, they are worth having as a precaution, especially if you are using it in water with a higher temperature difference (ie not a problem in the warm caribbean waters, but it will be a problem in the cooler atlantic waters). The best thing to do though is seal the housing in an air conditioned room if possible so the humidity inside the housing is low when yuou seal it.

Darren
We bought two underwater disposable kodak cameras and just had them developed in Asda for £2.80 each. One set of prints hasnt come out that brilliantly but the second are absolutely fantastic... so clear, bright, you can even see the scales on the fish quite clearly. We knew it was a gamble but with it being our first 'snorkelling' holiday didnt want to spend out too much in case we didnt do it again!
Hi All

Just been out buying my last few things and found boots are doing the kodak cameras for £9.99 buy one and get one free.

However stopped off at Asda and they are doing a double pack one underwater camera and one normal camera for £4.98 a set.

So if anyone needs to get any head off down to asda.

Regards

Peter
We used the Kodak underwater camera, it was excellent. Couldn't comment on the quality of the Asda one.
Just bought some, thanks for the posting.

They are Kodak cameras one normal and one underwater both with 27 photo`s on each. Started off at £15.99 then half price now they are £4.98. They had loads in our Asda and the date on them is 04 07. I`ve got them as an extra for Katie from the `Easter Bunny!` Hopefully she will find a fish or two when we get to Taba.
You will see some surprisingly good results from this wee camera - I must say, it was a shock to see the quality, given the water not being as clear as it could have when I snorkeled.
Thanks Mooby, hopefully we will have a fish or two to look at, but Katie will be taking the photos herself!!!! but for that price who cares.
These are great cameras for Snorkelling but if you Scuba then once below 20 m they won't work

You have to go up above beofre the mechanism will let you wind on then it will work again but once back below 20 then it won't wind on again

Good pictures though

Regards
Gray
The madcaravanner
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.