Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Underwater cameras
142 Posts
Colin - think we will order the Vivitar from 7day.com as it is a really good price, you mention postage, how long did it take to come, can you recall. If its more than four weeks we are knackered.... :cry:
Heather
No it was under 2 weeks 10 days I think. Came from Guersney or Jersey hence the no VAT
Cheers Colin - ordered!
Thanks for the tip on the vivitar ive gone for that one too!! didnt really want to risk my new birthday digital camera underwater in one of the housing bags known my luck the bag would burst!! the vivitar looks a good camera at a cheap price. Cheers Debs :thanks
there goin to be a lot of these vivitars out there

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sun_smiley.gif

Hi
depends how much you want to pay i have just bought the reefmaster dc300 3.3 mega pixel and depth rated to 200ft.
you can pick them up for less than £200
the best place i found was this site.
http://www.buydigicams.com
i know its a little expensive compared to disposable type camera's
but you are getting two camera's in one.
put the camera in its housing for all your underwater shots.
and just open the housing and take the camera out and you have a nice little digital camera for everything else.
On the Vivitar Amphibian thereis a blue sport viewfinder thing, looks like a target, sticking out at top of the camera, as all the instructions are in French - can anyone tell me if this is the viewfinder you use when underwater??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cheers Heather
It is... Try using the in camera one wearing a mask and you'll see why :wink:

Tim
hi

My guess is we should buy one really ??
Is there one thats not mega bucks but will at least get us a few snaps - i assume you can use whilst snorkelling ? ie you don't have to dive ?
and are they simple to use ?

any recommendations ?

Ta
s
Vivitar Amphibian (sp?)... I got mine off E-bay for £23 delivered with a free close-up lense... Some pics were quite good, but I need more practice... Must go back and try harder next time :)
Hi Spadge,
Take a look at my pics in the Egypt album and some more in the upload album.
I always take my pics from the surface of the water, most of it is luck-and an awful lot of just hanging around in the water, but having said all that, you wont be short of photo oportunities. As soon as you stick your head under the water you will see fish in every direction you look. You could try a waterfroof disposable camera, try to get one with a flash and Kodak Ultra film, even though I would love a camera with a zoom my camera doesn't have one . Just out of interest, which hotel are you staying at, if you let me know I will be able to tell you what type of fish you are likely to see.
Love SB xxx
thnaks for replies !

erm where are the albums tho ?

we are staying at hilton sharks bay
Hi hon, go to top of this page and click on photo gallery
x
SB - just out of interest how the hell do u get your pics on the photo gallery! Thicko I'm afraid :oops: :lol: :oops: :lol:
I get my pics on to the galeries by trial and eror! I seem to have "lost" the photos' I uploaded at the weekend, hopefully they will turn up again!!
Go into Galleries and click on the red upload writing- there will be a dropdown menu asking if you want to upload a pictur or pictures- click on what you want to do- then a box will appear where you have to click on browse to find where you have stored your photos on your computer. Sorry, I am not very technically minded, is there a help menue anywhere??? ( think I am having a girly day, I am off work ill and my brain has gone to mush !!!)
Love SB xxx
The Carrot showed me a very interesting underwater Sony digital camera. On the expensive side but then you have a vary versatile and good quality camera for snorkeling as well as for above water.
Sorry your not well SB - get well soon... Looked in upload for the pics you mentioned but it was empty, but found some December 04 ones in Egypt, are they not the new ones then .... i'm confused - mind you doesn't take much :roll: :roll:
You're confused Blue!!!

Please get well soon SB.

Regards,

Roger.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.