Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
urgant question
19 Posts
Hi Yummymummy,

It is on the first page of the visa questions and ans on the holiday truths, theres a link you click on at the left hand side of the page or you can go on to the indian high commision and it also gives you the same link hope this helps i am just repeating what O/H saying. Where do you live ?

Pip
x
Click on the link shown below & the page should give you the information you need to know.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/jurisdiction.aspx

Hemingway
Thankyou very much for your quick responses.

I live in Darwen near Bolton.
You are down for Birmingham nicola.

Pip
x :wave:
Thanks for the link.

I have just found out i will need to send it to Birmingham, because i am in Lancashire.

I moved house a couple of months ago, from Bolton, and that is why i posted it to London, as Bolton is in Greater Manchester, and on the website it says Greater Manchester send to London.

I am a bit worried now, as it seems there are quite a lot of people having problems with Birmingham :(
edit... thanks pip :)
There is a link to the page you need on the VSF global web site; select 'send your application by post' on the options on the left hand side then click on the word 'jurisdiction' in the first line of text.

or try this link (if it's worked!!)

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/jurisdiction.aspx
Thanks everyone :bow

I have another quick question, where it asks for referees in India, who do we put?
We havent booked yet.
:tup

Dont worry about it we sent for ours on the 2nd nov and they only arrived on friday morning and we sent to birmigham. so just chill they are just quite busy i would of thought.

;)

Pip
x
You need to put down the travel agent you are going with they will have an address where you are going and also the hotel manager and address so when you have picked where you are staying then you may find the address on H/T forum.

hope this helps best of luck. :cheers

Pip
x
Thanks a lot Pip :), your a star.

Also, my o/h didnt grow up with his biological father, so can he put n/a? or will they not accept this?
Hiya

If you don't want to send off in the post you could visit Astro Travel in Bolton. You can leave your hand written application with them and they'll do the online bit for you. The chap in the shop then takes them down to Birmingham and gives you a date when you can go back to pick them up. They charge an admin fee but it works out around the same price after you recon on the cost of sending everything by special delivery. You've also not got the worry of it getting lost in the post! Very efficient, stress free service - got mine back within the week and they are really helpful. The shop is in the vicinity of Moss Bank Park about 11 miles from where you are.
I'm up in Darwen tommorrow, hope the weather picks up!
As mentioned before (but you may not have seen it) do not put N/A as the application centre does not accept it.....always put NA and it is fine. :cheers Paula
Hi Yummymummy,
Just to let you know we posted our applications to Birmingham and got them back in 12 days no problems at all.
Rose.
Hiya

If you don't want to send off in the post you could visit Astro Travel in Bolton. You can leave your hand written application with them and they'll do the online bit for you. The chap in the shop then takes them down to Birmingham and gives you a date when you can go back to pick them up. They charge an admin fee but it works out around the same price after you recon on the cost of sending everything by special delivery. You've also not got the worry of it getting lost in the post! Very efficient, stress free service - got mine back within the week and they are really helpful. The shop is in the vicinity of Moss Bank Park about 11 miles from where you are.
I'm up in Darwen tommorrow, hope the weather picks up!

Hi, i know where you mean, is it near the morrisons supermarket? My parents live a 10min walk from there, and i also grew up there so i know the area very well :) I think we will use this service, if it is around the same cost of doing it online.
Do we print the forms from the online service website, or can we pick up the forms from the shop?

Paula - thanks for that, i will definetly make a note of that.

RoseW - thats good to hear :)
:think

Yummymummy i put my adoptive father on mine. even though i did not live with him (long story) but he was on my birth cert so thats the name i used.

Hope this helps

Pip
x
thanks Pip, i will tell him to put his stepfather down.

:)
Soz picked up your PM 1st but will duplicate info incase anyone else is interested :)
The shop is opposite Morrisons.
I went in without a visa form as my friend had been in the previous day and they had done the online application for him without the form. When I called in he gave me visa forms to fill in, one for me and one for hubby. As I'd finished one form he took it from me and did the online application. The man I saw was super fast on the keyboard and both apps were done in next to no time. If you don't want to wait in the shop you can leave a fully completed hand written application and they just check that the signature on the form match that in your passport. They then staple the handwritten one to the printed online form so no need to hang around if you don't want to. Pretty pain free, unlike my efforts when applying online, which was a complete 2hour shambles, hence the trip to Bolton :) He makes a couple of trips to Birmingham each week so turnaround in pretty good.
Just found my luggage label with shop details on. They are on Chorley Old Road Tel:01204599701
Hope all that waffle makes some sort of sense :think
Yes it did make sense :rofl

Thanks again,

Nicola
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.