Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Katz
I bet I know the apartment block too"¦.is it Edificio Las Adelfas.?

The building site is for the proposed 5* hotel Cruiser and if the apartment is the Las Adelfas, I think the owners are being naughty conveniently forgetting about that gigantic hole opposite, because make no bones about it, you are bang opposite it, and if the work starts up again, as well as the noise, there will be trucks coming down the top of Avda España from off the main dual carriageway (Avda Carlota Alessandri.)

This picture was taken in June this year, and it remained the same when I walked by this site just about every day for 2 weeks last month, on our way down to La Carihuela, or for a coffee at bar Velasco, which is just further down on Calle Salvador Allende, next to the internet cafe.

Nobody can say when the work will start up again, it could stay in the same state for another 1/2/3 years, or it could start up again tomorrow...the only people who will know, are those involved with the problems this project has faced.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6174/cruiserm.jpg

You pay your money, you take the risk. :wink:

Sanji
Now that's what I call major building work :yikes (See Sanji - you knew that picture would come in handy :D )
Sanji, thanks so much for that. You are right it is they apartments. Im so annoyed because I spoke to the owner on the phone and he was lovely but it must have slipped his mind lol. No deposit cheque going off today lol.

Someone sent me a pm and when I called he has recommended an apartment in the Neptune apartments right down on the beachfront. I am waiting to hear back from the owner so fingers crossed.

Love the area with a passion and would have been gutted to have arrived to that, whether work had stopped or not.

Thanks so much for your advice. Might be back on tomorrow looking for rentals lol

Katz :)
Hi Katz
If you do end up looking for private rentals i have a few websites saved from when i was looking earlier in the year..havent used any of them yet so cant recommend on experience but they look ok.

Joxx
Jo
This was one of the apartments that you were considering for next year....remember.?..or maybe you can't because we had lots of property info crossing between us via Pm's, but I remember. :wink:
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
(See Sanji - you knew that picture would come in handy :D )

Lucky I'd uploaded it for another thread because I spent yesterday deleting masses of photos, info and links off my computer...the defrag took yonks.
I bet I want them now they are gone and I'm gonna kick myself. :roll:

Sanji x
Love the area with a passion

I can't stand the place myself. :lol:
>............
Sorry, I couldn't resist :rofl

Sanji x
Nice to see the building site coming along nicely Sanji.
Off there myself next May, hopefully it will be finished by then. :rofl

Robby :wink:
Jo Can you give me the details on other possible apartments? Want to get something sorted soon.

Many thanks

Katz
Jo thanks for they links - looking likely I'll book something from them.

Sanji, I've pm'd u hope you dont mind

Thanks
Katz
katzwilliamson wrote:

Sanji, I've pm'd u hope you dont mind

Thanks
Katz

Not at all, glad to be of help, pm sent back.

Sanji x
Jo
This was one of the apartments that you were considering for next year....remember.?..or maybe you can't because we had lots of property info crossing between us via Pm's, but I remember.

yes Sanji i do remember asking you about those apartments...lovely apartment...great position except the building site !

Jo x
Sanji/Jo thanks so much (especially Sanji for all that time spent typing in pm's) for all your advice.

After MUCH thought and consideration, think we just going to go back to the Aloha Puerto. I think what swung it is the fact its so close to the beach and theres plenty for the kids to do during the day at the pool.

Thinking back, the bar staff were even good enough to let my 2 boys sit with their books or drawing pads in the shade, with a can of coke (bought from the local supermarket) for hours. I will miss the luxury that the other apt would have brought and the hubby will just have to do the journey to the supermarket, but thats life lol.

Enjoy your next trip ladies and thanks again x

Katz
For what it's worth, in my opinion given the choice of the apartments you were considering, I think you have made the right decision with having two boys.
My two boys are grown men, so now there's just me and Dave, and we like walking and don't have anybody else to consider........the beach, the pool and all the other things you have to plan to keep the kids amused, we don't have any of that now.

Sometimes you have to compromise on what you can get out of an area and what you get with the apartment, and like I said to you in the last pm...
You must do what is best for you and your family....there will come a time in the future when you will only have yourself and the hubby to please.
Have a good holiday and I might pass you on the promenade. :sun2

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.