General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes, they are space saving, no, they aren't heavy but the travelling iron you will also need to pack will be! Seriously, I use them at home, they are great for things like duvets and pillows etc and my knitting wool stash but nicely pressed cotton clothes will emerge creased to high heaven and most of us don't take that many woolly jumpers on our holidays. So they can handy for things like swimwear, underwear etc where creases don't matter but I would never use them for things I want to emerge uncreased.

SM
We use the ones that you just squeeze flat rather than suck flat with a vacuum. They are OK for things like T shirts, shorts etc but not for anything that I would need to get pressed.
We camp in France every summer and this year I used the vacuum packs that you squeeze flat for our towels, bedding etc so that it all took up less spacein the car. I got mine in Tesco and they were great. We put cotton hoodies etc in them to come home and they weren't particularly crushed.
We have a full set! Underwear,t-shirts,shorts,swimming stuff ,socks etc etc Allows us to pack trousers,dresses and shirts more carefully by space saving. Only problem is that the plastic "tools" for sealing the bags before squeezing the air out,sometimes come off and get lost!!
Im sure you mean compression bags [unless you take a vacuum on holiday] and yes when using the likes of Ryan air and Easy jet we use them, even my shirts and Jeans blouses go in,if folded correctly and not over compressed on the way out they should not crease and fully compressed when used leaves a little extra room in the case for the homeward journey,[the packing of which i am doing this afternoon], this can cause problems with weight, i ran a test at home the first time we got the compression bags and discovered i could get 20kg of cloths in a Ryan air bag which is twice their limit..
Thanks for all of your replies. Interesting to hear everyone's opinions. Last year my two daughters went to the USA to stay with their dad for 3 months over Christmas and this Christmas my eldest is moving there and she is panicking about fitting everything into a suitcase. We saw the bags 5 for £1 in asda and thought she could perhaps put her favourite fleecy blanket and a few jackets in them. May buy one at a time and give it a try!
Thanks again
Courtneelouise xx
i would be wary of the cheap ones as they tend to be used once and then fail. Or slowly let air in.

I am a big fan of the EZ Roll ones where you dont actually need a vacuum to use. They are a little more expensive but they will last for many trips.
ALDI has vacuum bags that you can either rolled flat or vacuum flat, 1x Jumbo, 2x Large, 1x Medium for £3.99

Offer starts Thursday 15th
https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-15th-may/product-detail/ps/p/travel-vacuum-storage-bags/
On 6th October 2013 at 01:16pm, CourtneeLouise said:
hi all :wave:
has anybody used vacuum storage bags for your holidays and if so how did you find them are they really space saving and also are they heavy

thanks!
I think that many people use vacuum storage bags for holidays as they are a great way to save space in luggage. They work by removing the air from your clothes and compressing them, which can result in a significant reduction in volume. In terms of weight, the bags themselves are relatively light and shouldn't add much extra weight to your luggage. However, if you over-pack the bags, they can become quite heavy. It's best to use them wisely and pack only what you need to avoid making your luggage too heavy to carry comfortably.
Overall, vacuum storage bags can be a useful tool for maximizing luggage space on your holidays, but it's important to use them wisely and not over-pack them to avoid making your luggage too heavy. I also used them as when i bought the vacuum cleaner they gave me a lot of bags so that is why i utilize them
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.