UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Charlotte, I am sure you will find the teamstars a great bunch of genuine people fun loving out for a good time and to entertain the happy customers...word of warning though keep away from the sharks money grabbing sons of bitches who call themselves sales people they will take advantage of you smooth talking suited smoothies self important smart pikies or commonly known as caravan sales people who only stay in one resort selling caravans to unsuspecting punters and old and vunerable pensioners these people are muggers of the highest calibre ...
Trust me and heed my warning apart from that have a great time with your teamstars ( gofers)
Yours Martine
Hiya,

You'll absolutely love it. I was a Teamstar at Warners (yes thats what we were called in the 90's). Gunton Hall, (the last year of it being a family centre) and Devon Coast in Paignton, (no sadly gone).

At the start of the season, we'd get up for breakfast on our days off, then mid season, we'd be up at lunchtime, (lunch for breakfast!), and end of season we'd be up just in time for evening meal, lol. Then had time for theatre or pub etc then back to bed. And I loved every single minute I was there.

Prob is they tell you to always be helpful and keep smiling, (yes i did that) then on my days off, id be shopping open the door into a shop and start letting everyone go in and out. (like door duty hahaha!), id end up saying "enjoy your stay" etc. Couldn't switch off. Tried to go to places where I knew guests wouldn't be in the end, so I could try to switch off. Didn't work tho, drove my ex nuts. (he was in the band). Kept saying, "you're off duty now, you don't need to do that". But you do. :D
Hope you enjoy your new job, its wicked. I still miss it now, and im 39 now, but if i hadn't got my kids (wouldn't be without em tho!) I'd be there like a shot, I'd never have left. Loved it too much. :D :) Sal
Hey guys, thanks for your replys!

I go to Valley Farm in 10 days, i can't wait! I got a script and dvd through the post today for one of the shows that we have to do so best get learning! Everyone that i've spoken to who has done the job before has said they loved it so i'm sure i will too. Trying to get things together to pack - there's so much! The car will be full!

Martine - i'll try to stay away from the caravan sales people!

Charlotte x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.