Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi jeanm
48 Posts
Hi Bilko Here
now at T minus 36 days until the family are off on hols just wondering were the best place to go and change up the travellers cheques
staying at the vancouver apartments any help greatly recieved

Bilko
Bilko, Will you let me know how you get on at the vancouver as we are going 4th July. Also any tips you can give us when you get back 8)

Happy holidays.

Marion
:D hi the nearest place i found to exchange travellers cheques is in salou, near to the duty free cigarettes,tobacco shop and across the road is a duty free perfume shop on the corner, near fargi's ice cream parlour.
Hi Marion - just saw your post.

We booked for a week at the Vancouver apts today, leaving on the 23rd May, so i will let you know what they're like asap ok! I know what its like to try and find out some answers when you haven't been there before.

Meanwhile, there are some good (ish) reviews on here about the place, so i don't think we have much to worry about!

Go with the flow, and enjoy yourself! You'll hardly be in the apartments, the beach is gorgeous there, and the nightlife full on.... we love it in Salou!

Have a great holiday!

Love, Lizzie xx
Thanks Lizzie you are a star. Hope you have a great holiday. 8)

Marion :lol:
Oh dear, had a look at reviews and someone has posted a bad review about these aparts they were there recently. :?

Marion
Hi Marion

I've just read the latest review.. to be honest, it all sounds perfectly 'normal' to me, we've often had long days if the flight is in the early hours, and we're prepared for that, plus we don't go on holiday for 'early nights' i don't know about you!!
So all in all there isn't anything on there im scared of! Even the 60 Euros deposit is pretty normal these days...has been a lot more in some apartments!
We go out for our entertainment - Danny Boys and surrounding bars are excellent.

We are still looking forward to next week, and given that we only paid just over £600 for the 4 of us, im not complaining! We'll be there in Resort, and off out to enjoy everything Salou offers - some people want jam on it!

What i do want to find out is exactly where abouts the Vancouver Apts are in relation to the lively centre ie: the fountains? Is it a walk, a taxi ride..?? Does anyone know?

Hope you're still looking forward to it Marion! I'll give you my honest verdict while im there if i go online!

Lizzie xx
We dont have early nights either and we do tend to go out at night, we have 3 teenagers with us so the kids clubs and the entertainment dont bother us either. we payed just over £2000 for the five of us so we are looking for nice apartments.

Hope you enjoy your holiday 8) and look forward to your review when you get back. i dont mind as long as the place is clean and not to noisy at 4.00am :)
Hi All
check this out go to google maps search for salou brings up street map click on satalite and this brings up a photo of the area use the zoom in/out on the left after atime i found these apartments i recken its about
1.5km to main resort 2mile round trip.
Hope this is a help to anyone going to salou in the coming weeks

Regards

Bilko
Hi Weemaz/Marion,

We (2 Adults & 4 Kids) stopped in the Vancouver Apartments in Cap Salou back in May 05 which we enjoyed very much, so-much-so we are going back on the 5th July 06 for 2 weeks.

It is true that you have to pay a initial deposit of 60euros or £40 for any damages but you do get that back on departure.

Also it is true you need to hire a kettle, iron, tv etc not that you'll need a tv.

Anyway the resort is clean and tidy and also quiet bearing in mind we did go in May but it was still pretty busy. We went for 1 week and the kids absolutley loved inc us of course we did aswell mainly down to the entertainment in the apartment as it was hosted by a thomas cook rep named Marcus, but as a whole the holiday was fantastic and we even visited Port Aventura amusment park & Aqua Park, (Fantastic but Expensive).

Main Salou was extremely busy with a lot of pubs where kids can stop till the early hours although transport is a must to and from Cap Salou but they run very regular, (buses every 5-10 mins) with the bus stop at the bottom of the road from the Vancouver Apartments.

I've been looking up the reviews over the past 6mths and it sounds as though the Apartments have gone down hill a bit so a bit worried at the moment. Marcus the entertainer has parted company with Thomas Cook so not sure what to expect from the entertainment side of things this time around.

Anyway i hope you enjoy yourselfs and look forward to seeing you in July.
Hi Hewey, Thanks for your report, I am just going to enjoy myself and not worry too much about anything as long as the aparts are clean I will be happy.

We hope to see you as we are going 4th July with 3 teenagers. What ages are your lot.

Happy hols 8)

Marion.
Hi Marion, Hi Everyone...

Well i'm here staying in Salou for a week at the Vancouver Apts, found 2 computers in the bar here, and popped on to put Marion's mind at rest!

Everything's fine.....!!

We got here at 2am Weds morning, after a smooth flight and transfer, the man on reception was pleasent enough, we paid 40 pounds sterling for our deposit, and he pointed out our block where the room was... i was surprised at how big it was, we have a 2 bedroomed apt, overlooking the pool (which is lovely, and very clean!) Theres a good size kitchen, microwave, full size fridgefreezer and two rings. Spacious living room and huge balcony with table and chairs, all very clean and in good order, we did have a problem with the flush on the loo, but at 3am we left it til the morning to let them know, and by the time we'd got back from our first wander round midafternoon it had been fixed.

It is a fair walk into Salou (follow the beach road along) so we did get taxis last night which has been roughly 6 euros every trip for 4 of us.
We got back to the apartments at about 11 and stopped in the bar for a coffee, there was a kareoke thing going on and quite a big crowd of people, we went up to our apts, and by 12am it was slient everywhere.

This is a really quiet part of Salou... personally, i would have liked to have stayed in the main town a bit more than Cap Salou, but as it was a last minute booking and under 600 pounds for 4 of us for the week, i'm not complaining!

The weathers been fabulous so far, and we've started to tan already!
Ok, must go... got a date with a hot sunbed! ;-)
Will write again,

Love Lizzie xx
Many thanks for popping in Lizzie :pele Enjoy the rest of your holiday 8)
Hi

LizzieMac26, you are such a star, I am sooo looking forward to my holiday even more, you have definately put my mind at rest. Hope the rest of your holiday is great, fantastic and wonderful.

Do you think it is worth while e-mailing and asking for a room with a pool view as we also have 2 bedroom apartment. Could you get us an e-mail address if you think we should :P

Many thanks.

Marion 8) :wink:
hi bilko i tried the google maps and landed right on top of our hotel we're staying at. that was brilliant!!!!!!! even checked out portaventurs theme park, you can see the water park and all the flumes. thanks for the advice. :wink:
Hi Marion,

My kids age's are 12,10,7 and 6yrs old 2 boy's and 2 girl's but our oldest will become a teenager on our hols (10th july).

How old are your kid's?

Hope to catch up with you when we are there. :D
Hi Again..

Marion, i just asked at reception and they havent got an email address direct to the hotel, they told me to request the room from the Tour Operator you booked with... hope that helps? But i think a lot of the rooms overlook the pool from what i can see anyway...

Oh by the way, i just found out you can book your room an extra day if you have a late departure, for 25 euros, you have to ask them a day before you want it... and you can keep it til 5pm (usually have to be out by 10am!) our flight leaves 2am, so we will certainly be booking!

Sun's out lovely this morning, we're heading off to the beach in a bit, might find the energy to get off that sunbed for a spot of lunch, then its back to that tan.... such hard work 8) but someone has to do it!

Catch'ya soon...

Love Lizzie xx
Hi hewey, Ours are 2 boys 13 &14 and a girl who will be 14 when we are there as well 10th July snap :lol:

Will most definately need to meet up when we are there as we have birthdays on the same day. 8)

Marion
Hi Lizzie,

Glad you are having a great time, It is raining here at the moment. We have an early evening flight, but might just book the room and we then have somewhere to store our luggage and also to freshen up before we go. Thanks for asking for me.

Keep stealing them sun rays and have a drink for me. 8)

Have fun. :D

Marion
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.