America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Jenny,

The best deals will be released around 4-6 weeks before you go. There will be deals coming out from 3-6 months before you go but the later you can wait, the better the deal you'll get. What a lot of people do is book direct with the hotel a few months in advance to 'guarantee' they have a room, then cancel when they see a better deal. Virtually all Vegas hotels let you cancel up to 48 hours before arrival with no penalty.

Check what conventions are on in Vegas when you go - this can affect hotel prices because if there's a big convention on with 10,000+ people it will definitely push up prices a bit.

Cheers,

TC
Thanks TC - reassuring to know you can book a hotel room and cancel within 48 hours without penalty. I think I will do that to be on the safe side but keep looking for deals nearer the time. Your advice is much appreciated.
I'm curious as to what prices you got for your dates.

i've plugged in several dates, and the results are far from encouraging. Certainly no prices I'd be happy to book just now.

disclaimer: I am a cheapskate. BA's prices will have to be very good to wean me away from USAIR or Continental.
I didnt pay for my BA flights as I used BA airmiles which my boss had accumulated and very kindly gave to me as a gift! I think the full price for the BA flights was a bit more expensive than Virgin though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.