Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Vilamoura
5 Posts
Hi Senorita

Its been a few years ago but i can remember that around the harbour most of the eating places are very good start at the first one prob most expensive, then work your way through Italian, Chinese etc etc we found the Chinese best but would rec you book a seat on the open top floor at the front, nice view, you can go and have a look in the day the food was great and you could stay all night.
I can remember that when we went they would not take cards only cash at most of the places!!!

Have a nice time

Roger
We stayed at the Rio apartments quite a few years ago. They are basic - we had a studio which only had sofa beds not proper beds. If you look at the Trip Advisor website most reviews tend to suggest they need a bit of updating.

The restaurant at the Rio was very good although of course that might have changed. Pool area fairly small.

The apartments are a good 20 - 25 minute walk to the beach and the marina.

Vilamoura is a 'purpose built resort'. Lovely marina with lots of places to eat - although can be fairly expensive. It has two large beaches either side of the marina - very sandy with all the usual facilities.

Vilamoura is not the true Algarve - whilst pleasant in it's own way I much prefer the western end with its lovely cliffs and coves and stunning coastal scenery.

Pippa
Rui's restaurant just at the back of the marina is nice. There are lots of nice restaurants based around the Marina to numerous to mention, but be prepared to pay. (Paulo Chines is nice for an afternoon snack) next door Figo's "7 "bar is good for nightlife,the beach at Vilamoura is ok, but you can walk through to Quarteira (next door resort) on the beach road (At the back of the Tivoli Marina Hotel) passing the fishermans marina. Quarteira beach is lovely, the resort itself as quite high rise buildings & is more residential than tourist, but the promenade is pedestrianised and full of nice bars/restaurants at reasonable prices. If you are into markets for a bargain, there is one every Wednesday in Quarteira just past the bus station on the main dual carriageway through the resort. Enjoy it, all in all Vilamoura is a lovely resort but more expensive than other algarvian resorts with it being a man made tourist resort.
Thanks for this

We got back last week, had a great time, but very very expensive especially on the Marina...its was 60Euros just for 1 tiger prawn starter!!!!!! :really

16 Euros for 2 sunbeds on the beach!!!! :really

Mmmm dont think we'l be going back there unless we have saved up double what we took, stil had a lovely time, weather was lovely and managed to get to the Aquashow on the last day which was fun.
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.