Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Vilamoura
14 Posts
Hi, I don't know if I can be of much help, as we don't have kids, but we did honeymoon in Vilamoura a couple of years ago. It really is a lovely resort, and flat (which is important if you have buggies :shock: ). The beach is really lovely and very long, you can walk to Quateira. The sea was a bit rough when we were there and there was a bit of a slope, making it deep, quite quickly. Vilamoura its self is very family friendly, and the Portuguese really like children. There is "Zoo Marine" in Guia, about 20 mins drive away, which the kids (and adults :wink: ) will enjoy. There is a dolphin show a couple of times a day. Buses run from Vilamoura or you can get a taxi. You can pick up an information leaflets around the resort, giving a timetable for the shows ect. There is also a small fairground in the same grounds.

There is an aqua park too, but we haven't been there so I can't give you much info on that.

You could also take a trip into Albufeira, which is a nice resort to visit.

I'm sure you'll have a great time in Vilamoura. Where are you staying (if you don't mind me asking).

Enjoy :wink:
Thanks for that. We've hired a villa which is supposed to be only 5 minutes from Vilamoura so it should definitely be a very chilled holiday(once we get the kids to bed!!!!) Am looking forward to relaxing, lots of BBQs and a few cold beers while topping up my tan
Am looking forward to relaxing, lots of BBQs and a few cold beers while topping up my tan
8) sounds perfect to me. A nice bottle of D'ouro would fit in well there too :lol: Enjoy, I am very envious, would love to go back to Vilamoura.
Hi
We went to Vilamoura last August and although it was only the two of us (couple) we did go to the Mini Golf. Accessible on foot from the Marina or on the little 'noddy' bus - If I remember correctly there is a 'noddy' bus/train just for the golf.
http://portugal-info.net/romagolf/

A little tip - we only booked for one round but enjoyed it so much we had to pay extra for the two - it is cheaper to book the two rounds at the same time.

Hope you have a fab time in Vilamoura we did. I have some really nice photos of the marina if you want to give me your e-mail address
i didn't realise there was mini golf
we are off in september, and we love mini golf- where abouts is it. we are staying at the old village

also we dont land in faro till gone 7 in the evening, can anyone recommend a restuarant in the old village that does light meals?

thanks
not sure where the old village is but I have posted the link to the mini-golf site above. It is great fun and there is a nice cafe for a snack in between rounds. Not too expensive either (well we didn't think so). Only staying in the marina so cannot help with the snack request, but if you are anywhere near the marina there are absolutely loads of places to eat. The 19th hole is a good evening out. On our first night we went there for a 'quiet drink' and ended up not leaving there until gone 12.30! we found it very friendly.
Hope you have a great time. We certainly did
Ocelot,

Vilamoura is lovely - especially in the evening for a stroll round the marina.

I don't know the Old Village area so can't comment on what restaurants there are. However, there is an superb Italian pizzeria called Pizza Marina which possibly does deliveries (they are authentic Italian) - not sure if you have a car or not to collect it yourself. There is also a Pizza Hut and a McDonalds should you feel so inclined.

Take a look at the following web site which gives you phone numbers and details of places to eat amongst other things.
http://www.vilamouraalgarve.com/uk/leisure/restaurants-bars.htm

Pippa
Thanks folks that all sounds good to me. Only 10 days until we're there - can't wait :D :D :D
How far is Vilamoura from Faro airport and how much would a taxi cost.
Hi, we have stayed at the Old Village lots of times,we love it, you will find that you have a choice of food to eat when you arrive,anything from a sit down meal CJ's( i think it has a new name now) to a light meal in the Village inn or the Cafe in the same street, there is also a pizza restaurant, just down the steps from the main square where the is also Casa Da Largo restaurant. My son and his girlfriend arrived at midnight one year after long delays and still managed to get Scampi and Chips.
hi i'm going to vilamoura for my honeymoon this sunday (14th may) and need to know where i can find bus times to albufeira cheers
thanks to everyone for their tips, will defo be visiting the golf
Try the go carting at almancil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.