Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi there.

No idea what travel company deals with Vilanova now, but if you (or anyone else reading this) are
considering staying there, you can book with Vilanova direct. :)
Hi Glynis,
Thomson Have not removed it from their destinations list yet, an oversight on their behalf :whoops
I was told that the old guy that owned them died and the running of them has been passed to other family members. Thomsons apparently lost their contract as an exclusive resort. They are still open but only a small minority of people are using them and other info is that they are concentrating on the Spanish & Portuguese travel markets, whether this is true I dont know. It has sure affected custom in the bars and restaurants on The Strip that are open in the winter months.
what a shame. i went there last year and had a great time .
There is still a working website at http://www.vilanovaresort.com so wonder if you could still book direct and whether the facilites would be the same re kids club & entertainment from when Thomsons had exclusivity.
the entertainment and kids clubs were put on by thomsons so i should imagine that has all gone too. looks like it will have to be the tropical sol apartments next time i go then !
According to the Vilanova website...

"For the more active there is a full range of leisure activities, sporting competitions and events."

So they still have some stuff going on.
No mention of the kids clubs though...
hi
i found these apartments by chance on a website called sunmasters and also on otbeach.com they were quite cheap as i was looking for october half term and i think it was about £150 for the apartment for the week for 4 of us.

you just need to book your flights separately

hope that helps
Someone on the trip advisor Albufeira forum has just returned from 2 weeks in Vila Nova and said there was no entertainment at all, other than a 20 minute parrot show! :(
Not even any kids clubs during the day?

We would of gone back there if there was, kids and us loved it!
Hi Robo :)

No, nothing at all according to the person who posted on the trip advisor forum.
(Even though it says on the Vila Nova's own website that there is still entertainment provided...)
We are thinking about booking one of the 2 bedroom villas for next year. Am i right in saying that there is no air con.
I'm pretty sure there was aircon in all the villas, they were saying aircon was going into the apartments this year as well. Don't know if that has changed since new owners have taken over
Best thing to do is email them direct and that way you will find out for sure. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.