Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
villa with pool
13 Posts
Luisa By the Sea is in Cavelossim which is in the South. They are Villas/Bungalows with shared pool. I booked mine independent but I believe Tighjock booked a package, maybe he can help it that area??

Although fAIRIES, with your requirements and fears about a holiday im not sure Goa is the right place?? :que
If you do a google seach - goa villa - you will find lot's on offer .

Suba diving in Goa IMO is a waste of time.

And from your worries about cleanliness, and hawkers, I agree with Elliebee ,that Goa might not be for you.
Here is a link to some photo's of a trip satying at Luisa By The Sea any qusetions just ask http://www.flickr.com/photos/goanjock/sets/72157602342688440/
Nice villa for rent in Arpora (North Goa). I've put a link in to the web page for you.
Hope this helps,
GFF xx

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/india/IN50.htm
We booked a villa with Lazy Days- no pool but I believ they do have some with pools. We were in a non-tourist village but issues with rubbish, drains etc are everywhere thats just how it is.
Hi Fairies, i asked the same question about scuba diving in Goa, aparantly due to the rivers flowing out to the sea here, viz is crap, about 4 metres! The is a PADI centre there called Barracuda.
Regards, Julian
Thanks all, you are really very helpful and i must sound really petty with my requirements!!Am not really but just first time away from what i know and am afraid to get it wrong.As discussed earlier in the Forum i am probably more worried about rats and big bugs from drains and rubbish than anything else.Also would probably find it hard with a poor country.Anyway i have booked and am on my way. t :think ightjock, thanks for the link, have you actually stayed here and did you book it independantly?The link from Julian 01 looks amazing but where is the Barracuda diving centre.Is it in the South?I will check out this link Elliebee and thank you.How does one explore Goa if it is not a good idea to hire a car?Has anyone booked a car and driver and if so how much does that cost?What sort of activities are there for a 15 year old and 19 year old in the South?We are more into exploring the country but since it does not seem to be a wise decision to hire a car am not sure how one gets around, as we are not the sort to lay in the sun all day.Would much prefer to see the countryside and the real Goa which is why i am thinking of the South.On the Forum it says that the North is Maniac-does this mean its full of tourists and night clubs?Excuse my ignorance.Thank you all so very much.Katherine
It would be a good idea to get hold of a guide book on Goa, then you can decide what you want to see. The best way is by Taxi, then you can go just where you want. There is lot's of advice about taxi prices on the forum, as well as trip advice for north and south .
Barracucda diving is near Panjim.
Thank you julian01 and lassigirl.Any sugestions for a good guide book?Yes i get your point about taxi and will readthe Forum on this as it is obviously feasible to get from North to South quite easily.Any more info. julian01 on the diving, have you used this centre and is it very expensive?Is there any coral, fish etc?excuse my ignorance as i dont know and hve never dived.I think first i need to book a house to stay and then get a tick list and follow through from there.Thanks again, Katherine :think
Fairies, if you have never dived before i wouldn't start here!
Go to the Med or the likes with good visability, i am an advanced open water diver and do most of my diving in Cyprus, where there is good visability (about 30 metres at 20 metres down). Although i have not dived in Goa, i have not entertained the idea, as i have heard from relieable sources that the Visabiltiy is as litle as 3-4 metres! So you wont see a lot. As for cost, they are displayed on their web page, go to padi.com and look at places to dive.

Good luck.

Julian
Thanks Julian, probably should have spent more time researching this holiday before i booked it.Am a bit ap :think hrensive over the whole thing at this stage but have to go ahead as i have the tickets booked.Katherine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.