Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Virgin are losing millions of pound every year, how long can it go on?
SRB seems to have lost interest in Virgin Atlantic. They order A380s and B787s but will they get them?
The trip reports aren't very good these days, they used to be the best but now they are mainstream. Some folk reckon BA are better.

I'd hate it if Virgin went the same way as B Cal and Laker but it isn't looking good for the future.
Qman,

Unfounded rumours like these do no one any good.

Darren
They said that about British Midland.

The rumours are not made up by me, it is in the financial sections of the newspapers such as the Telegraph and Times.

Virgin have lost the plot recently, like saying they are getting A380s, no chance. Before that they were going to buy Concorde, what a joke that turned out to be.

I will be interested to see if they get the 787s, they cost quite a lot I assume.

I've been on Virgin in the past and hope to go on them again. But they need to sort themselves out. They went down the nick when the CE left, I forget his name, just like Tesco have got worse since Terry Leahy left. Perhaps he could run Virgin.
How big is the gap between the window and seats 61-64 A and K on the 747? We want 2 seats together but also want a good view out the window and if there's a massive gap, I imagine you'd have to lean right over to see out.
LadyL2013,

There's a small gap as the seats are angled slightly as the fuselage starts to narrow down the back. You'll still be able to see out of the window.

Darren
Hi,

I'm booked on Virgin's VS093 to Cancun on 26 June in premium economy and want to know when i can book my seats online

The 90 days went by on 28 March and I couldn't access the seat map

Some say it's 60 days and others say the rules are relaxed after 01 April and seats can be selected as soon as the booking is made.

Can anyone help?

John
Hi we are flying Manchester to Barbados March 2015, do you know what type of aircraft operates this route please?

Thank you :)
Jayneheppy,

Please quote flight numbers and dates of travel when requesting aircraft information. There's often more than one flight and the aircraft can change depending on the day / date. MAN-BGI-MAN (assuming VS077/8?) are operated by Boeing 747-400 (LGW/MAN suite).

Darren
Sorry Darren, yes its VS77/8. Thanks for your reply.
Is there any advantage in booking flights to Orlando now for August 2015 ? Will the prices be cheaper?
hbrac,

Prices will fluctuate depending on demand. If they are a price you're happy to pay and are sure they are the ones you want, it might be an idea to get them now. If you wait, they could go up or down depending on bookings so its pot luck really if the prices now are good or not.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo. We are a bit out of touch with booking flydrives as we have been going on cruises for many years now. Also my Frequent Virgin membership ran out when we sold our villa. :( We have seen the current online prices but I will ring up and see if I can get it any cheaper. Don't want to lose the villa that they are holding for us. :tup
Daz...do you know which of the main holiday airlines do flydrives to Orlando International (rather than Sanford) ?
hbrac,

Thomas Cook now fly in to Orlando International rather than Sanford.

Darren
Thanks Daz. Have looked at them but I think it's too early. They only go up to April 2015. I compared the price of Virgin flydrives going this Sept 2014 and Sept 2015 (just for fun) and 2015 is, at the moment about £700 dearer ! Think I will book the villa first (with a deposit) then worry about the flights later. Are there any sites that you know of that give good deals on flights from Manchester to Orlando International ? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Hi,
I am flying on flight VS075 from Manchester to Orlando on 25/08/14 at 11am and returning on VS076 on 13/09/14 at 18:55, could you let me know what plane this will be? Thanks
skullerymaid,

MAN-MCO-MAN (VS075/6) are operated by Boeing 747-400 (MAN/LGW suite).

Darren
Hi Darren,

Flying from LGW to Cancun in June 15 (VS093) can you tell me what aircraft we will be flying on?

Many thanks,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.