Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
You can get the visa before you go, but it is a lot easier (and cheaper) just to get it at the airport after you land (no need to send documents and keep your fingers crossed they all come back). The Egyptian Embassy site is up the wall at the moment so I can't tell you the price if you sort it out before you go. The price at the airport used to be US$15, not sure if it has changed at all.

Never done the trip to Cairo so can't give a price.

St Katherines trip does NOT require a visa as it's in the Sinai.

There is a dedicated visa thread HERE
I know you said you require an overnight stop in Cairo, but to be honest it is one hell of a way from Sharm to Cairo and very very exhausting. It is about £95 pp to do it that way, and about £160 to fly to Cairo and see all the sites, flying takes an hour. Even doing the cairo trip you have to be up to leave about 4am, if you go on the coach, you leave about 2am. On the flight and the bus trip itself you will see the same and all the popular touristy bits.
thanks for that what are the flights like are they safe ?
:D I found the flights absolutely fantastic, they are very comfortable and the cabin crew are very funny, you get a muffin on board and drink free in that hour. I said to the crew that i wish they would take us back to east midlands airport as the flight was brill. Great landing, and were on time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.