Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Excellent Roma!

BUT...when I clicked on the HCI link...I got this :shock:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3678/screenshotsmallpz0.png
Fantastic Roma, well done.

I seem to remember that somewhere on the visa form or accompanying notes it says that they will not process applications that don't have your name and address on the outside of the envelope. But if you use a Special Delivery envelope to send it out as well as for the return of the passports, that should cover it.

And make a note of the tracking numbers so you know when they have received the passports and also when they are back in the postal system on their way home.
sorted
thanks Pam :D
sorry Katie- we posted at the same time. I've edited to include the tip about the tracking numbers. :D
Any further comments or suggestions before we "sticky" and lock this guide? Can you see anything that could be included?

PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS ON THIS THREAD -use the visa questions thread for that.
Great job, Roma.

A couple of 'picky points:
Applications to CGI Birmingham need the postal orders payable to 'Consulate General of India, Birmingham', not HCI. I'm not sure about Edinburgh.

Sender's name & address needs to be shown on the envelope otherwise the applications will be returned unprocessed.

Regards
Polly
PPC
Its not being picky- Roma has given us an excellent guide, incorporating ideas from members and further input is always welcome. A bit of teamwork here :D
Writing your first visa application is a bit daunting- it was for me recently despite having read every post ever made on the Goa forum on visas :lol:
This guide should help - all the important info on one post.
Roma- I've edited to include the info here. ( I can't have you doing ALL the work :lol: )
Further input is welcome, including whether my edits make sense :D
When we are happy with the guide, I'll split it from the rest of the posts in this thread and it will be a locked sticky.
Couldn't have put it better myself, Fiona!! The process is laden with beaureaucracy and it's those details, PrettyPollyCat, that are important and that one person won't know unless they've made applications in all ways and from all sources....which I haven't.

So thanks...and more detailed information is very welcome! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.