Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Visa
8 Posts
No you dont need one Bernie unless you intend to visit cairo/luxor .

just write "sinai only" on the top of the landing card you will be given to fill in and tell the same to the guy on the desk . You may still have to join the queue but Instead of a visa sticker in your passport you will be given a sinai only stamp in your passport. Then proceed to passport control.
Stay within the Sinai and you don't need one. If you want to go outside it (pyramids or luxor) then you do. Easier to get it at the airport although i think its gone up to £15 now.
many thanks for the quick reply

we are not planing to go to the pyramids or cairo so we do not need a visa then, if we do decide to do the trip to cairo, is the visa payable in english money?

bernie xx
Yes as chelsea says £15 I believe . Although they are much better now at sharm and there are signs up I still like to stay confident and firm . You will still find many confused people . The Egypians will normally say something along the lines of "do you want to go to cairo" and TBH many people on their first visit really dont know so in your uncertainty before you know it they have given you a visa sticker .The T/Os also want to sell you the trips and they arnt always the best to ask either for that reason and are not very good at informing people they dont need them unless they are off on their excursions to cairo. Just look like you know what your doing :tup. I hate being stitched up .
An intersting point about the Travel Companies Lyn.

I've just received my receipt for my holiday in March which was booked online with Libra and it clearly states on it in bold

"You must purchase a visa on entry to Egypt at the airport, failure to do so could result in non admission" :evil:

Of course I now know this simply isn't the case having taken advice from your good self and HT, imagine how many people read that and do automatically get one on arrival.....without the need to do so :think
"You must purchase a visa on entry to Egypt at the airport, failure to do so could result in non admission

That has really shocked me Pauline :(

Can anyone comment who travels regularly with libra comment on why they would say that .

imagine how many people read that and do automatically get one on arrival.....without the need to do

hundreds and hundreds if the queues of confused people are anything to go by. the only thing I will say is that there are some resorts on the red sea that will require a visa but certainly not in sharm.
tinmbers . In case you havnt found it there is a dedicated visa sticky here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189&start=460
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.