Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
2nd floor overlooking the pool - around about room 207 to 212 should be perfect.
hows that for precise!!!!

bwfcboy (veteran of holidays at vista badia) :D
Wow that is some going bwfc, even though I could be on the "vets" list, I could have given you a floor but not a room number. Brilliant lol.!!!
How about 1st floor room 131, overlooks pool and has shade in afternoon. Some of the2nd floor rooms have no shade over balcony.

Make sure you ask for a poolside view as the other side of the corridor overlooks either a car park or Coma Gran hotel (noisy).

Have a great time it is a great hotel :D .

Dave
Thanks for all your replies, they have been really helpful. I will use this advice when I email the Vista Badia nearer to our holiday in order to reserve our room.
Hi there

You will have a fabulous time no matter what room you have. Although having said that try to avoid the far end near the English bar as it can get a bit noisy at night.

Have been twice and could not fault it in any way.

Happy holidays :D
Its less than 6 weeks till we go now. Can't wait! Is anyone else going to this hotel or the resort of Sa Coma at the end of May.
Its a very nice hotel. I watched a few shows there last summer. If you take a look at our site it has some photos and resort information http://www.aboutsacoma.com
Hi, we've just booked in for an 11 night stay direct with Protur Hotels. I've been to this hotel 4 times before but not since 2003. Am slightly concerned regarding "some" internet reports that it has gone a bit downhill since they have given the AI option. Has anybody been this season who can put my mind at rest. Am still going whatever the reports but would just like to know.

Many thanks.
When are you going? We will be there from the 20th July for 2 weeks. We went there last year when it was already mainly all-inclusive and it was fine. You know that the hotel is predominately german, but to us this is not a problem. I wouldn't take any notice of any bad reviews regarding this hotel. As far as we are concerned it is great as are all Protur hotels.
On the day you come back, its the start of my 2 weeks off work. Yes we know its mainly German but that doesn't bother me one bit. The kids don't really bother about the animation teams or the evening entertainment as we like to get out and about into the bars and restaurants of Sa Coma. We just like the Vista Badia as its central, good quality and if you book direct, damn good value for money! Have a great holiday!
Quite like the look of this hotel for the end of August and Sa Coma looks like a family friendly resort.
However, in any photo's I've seen of the hotel, the pool area looks quite cramped and crowded.

Does anyone know what the sunbed situation is like in high season, ie are some still free by mid-morning or have you had it if you're not down at the crack of dawn ?
To access our reviews of the Vista Badia, please click here.

David :wave
One other question whilst I'm at it...

In the evening buffet restaurant, are you shown to your table, or do you get your food first and then find yourself a table ?

Might sound odd, but we had the latter arrangement once and sometimes found it difficult to find a free table, once we'd got our food.

Thanks
I'm quite interested to know that too.

We went to Vista Badia in June and are returning on 13th Sept for 10 days. Is there a big selection of food to choose from in the restaurant?

We have booked self catering, through Thomson, as a "de-packaged holiday" and were going to upgrade when we got there (as this is cheaper) to all inclusive for a week,we felt very left out in June as we didn't have wristbands!
:?
Hi SueJayne

How did you find the sunbed situation in June ?

Reading reviews, some people reckon you can get them any time of day, whereas others say you've had it if you haven't bagged a couple by 8.30am.
We were there last week and found that people were reserving sun beds from around 6.30am!!! For the first few days, we just watched this happening , but after that we decided that if you can;t beat them then join them. So when I went down for my early morning swim in the sea at around 7.30am, I would reserve beds for my family and only returning to them when we had had breakfast at around 10.00am. We did find that people were reserving beds for each member of their family and the kids didn't seem to use them because they were either swimming or doing so sort of activity, this was a bit annoying if you didn't get down there early enough. The areas around the pool are very spacious with plenty of patio and grass. Although the hotel does request that you don't reserve beds till after 9.00am and towels would be removed if they were, this didn't appear to be happening when we were there.

As regards the restaurant, it is best that you find your clean table before you get your food and drinks, maybe get one member to sit there whilst the others get theirs, you are not shown to a table, you choose your own. There is a good selection of food on offer but does become a bit repetitive after a while. In our opinion the all-inclusive option is a good deal.
Hi Crockett.

When we went in June we had no problem at all finding sunbeds. There were always more free ones than used ones!

We had a room which overlooked the pool (directly above the entertainment stage). Because we stayed up until midnight -(no point trying to sleep any earlier cause the music played till 12.00am - normally Robbie Williams or Bon Jovi) we weren't getting up till around 10.00 am (yes call me lazy, but if the kids sleep so do I!! you never know with them when your next rest will be!)

Anyway, back to the point - when we got up in a morning at 10.00 am and looked from our room there was normally a handful of towels on loungers and a few people in the pool. We never had a problem getting loungers, and was surprised to read that some people did! On 2 occasions we couldn't find a parasol for a short while, but managed to get one as people left. That was one of the things which made us book Vista Badia for a second time rather than the Safari - which was cheaper.

Sue J x
Many thanks for the replies.
Hi Everyone

Just a tip - take a few coat hangers with you. Vista Badia has 2 wardrobes. 1 in the main room and 1 in the bedroom. Lots of space to have things folded and hung but only had a few coat hangers in each.

Sue J x

:wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.