Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi,

we stayed at the Coma Gran last year, our daughter was 2 then. Cot bedding is provided by the hotel. You can hire beach towels at reception for a deposit which is refunded when you return them at the end of your stay. You can change them for clean ones at any time during your stay. There is a creche onsite which is quite good although couldn't persuade ours to stay, but there are plenty of activities appropriate for the toddler age group without creche. Don't think there's hairdryers?? can't remember.
There are plenty of eating places locally to the Coma Gran, but we found eating out there to be quite expensive to be honest, many people upgraded to half board and found the food to be fantastic with a wide range of choice, if I remember right your toddler will be free.
Nappies were also a nightmare, really expensive (for us) approx 13 euros for 12 nappies, thats the local ones too. There is a big hypermarket a little walk away, they may be cheaper there but we went to Palma to supermarkets there and didn't really find them much cheaper. Can't comment on the formula milk availability, maybe someone else can fill in my gaps.

In all the Coma Gran a good stay/choice, we had some issues but they were hopefully one offs. Thomson the Dog is available most days, and the complex is safe and secure. I think You'll enjoy it :)
Have a look at my site http://www.aboutsacoma.com for some photos and map of the resort.....
Thomson do a baby pack for £25.00 you get nappies, wipes, nappy sacks and bubble bath and lotion and toileties just give them a ring and they will add to your booking
We have just got back from Coma Gran with our 10 month old son. We too were worried about luggage allowance so paid £17.50 for an extra 5kg - well worth it! Much cheaper than paying excess baggage charges. Don't bother pre-booking a baby pack from Thomson as you can find everything you need for a baby in the resort including ready made Cow & Gate milk but I suggest you take your own as it expensive. A word of advice about nappies - don't buy them from the supermarkets in the resort they are about 12€ for 18, go to Cabrabo a hypermarket about 10 min walk away as we got 64 Huggies for just 15€!! The hotel does provide cot bedding and a free toy! There are hairdryers in the apartments but remember to switch it on on the wall (it took me a week to get it working!!). The Coma Gran also has BabyZone (next to the crèche) which provides a play area and everything you need for a baby including a bottle steriliser and warmer, nappies and potties. The best thing is it's free compared to 15€ for a two hour session in the crèche. Pool towels are available from reception for 15€ which you get back when you return your towel. The food is excellent in the hotel it works out about 15€ a day and under 2's eat free. If you only eat in the restaurant once - go on a Wednesday as it's Gala Night and it's fantastic.
P.S. We flew from Coventry last year and no problems but just make sure you have everything as there are no shops just a café. Wish we'd flown from there this year as we went from East Midlands and ended up with a 9 hour delay on the way home!!!
Hi, thanks for your reply,
You said youve flown from Coventry before,
Can you give us some more info regarding, what you can and cant take on board as hand luggage, for our 15 month son,
ie:Snacks and drinks etc,
My wife is panicking, on what we can actually take with us to give him on board the plane, as hes now onto solid foods,
As you say, there is only 1 cafe,Is there really no other shops there to purchase anything ???,
Any info would be great,as we fly out at 6.40 am on Tuesday,
Best regards
Mark..
There are actually 2 cafés at Coventry - one before and one after security. As my son is still on "mush" rather than "solids" we took jars of baby food, milk and juice which all had to be tasted. The best thing is to ring Coventry to check. If I were you I'd feed your son before you get on the plane in the lounge / café before security (you actually come out of deaprtures and go next door) and then buy a few biscuits / chocolates from the café after security. Make sure you have enough to last for the journey as the coach transfer seems never ending! Although you will have access to your suitcases before you get on the coach. Another thing about Coventry is that they are pretty tight on security and baggage allowance, I think it's because they have very few flights and have more time to check. The most annoying thing is you have to fold up your buggy to put it through the scanner - mind you you have to do this at all airports except East Midlands where they let us push it through but we still had to take baby out. Don't worry about security at Palma they didn't check anything.
I'm sure you'll have a good time once you get there and hope you have better weather than we did...
Hi all. Would the Coma Gran be suitable for 2 females for a few days in July? Been to Sa Coma before so I know the Coma Gran is very central but a bit worried if it's wall to wall kids entertainment :) . Any advice/info appreciated.
Coma Gran tends to have a lot of children staying, in June lots of buggy's and toddlers. They have childrens entertainment and also Adult entertainment on in an evening. Nice place to stay. CBG
Hi CBG. Thanks for your reply. It's not that we mind kids but when you are holidaying without them ....
Stayed at the Oasis Punta Amer (S'illot) last year which was fab but the price this year has doubled. Got a good price at the Coma Gran so dont know whether to book or wait for a last minute bargain. What do you think?
If its a good price its tempting But would your holiday be spoilt by loads of kids around the hotel and pool? Have you checked travel republic site they have a sale on til end of Jan on hotels and apartments. I am looking to book for June (Can Pastilla ) and they are cheapest at the moment. CBG
Hi CBG will take a look at TR but I have looked before and prices were high. We thought if we found the kids too much at the Coma Gran we could use the pool at the Marfil Playa (it's part of the same chain).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.