Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi Suzyyy, all i can say to you is that while we were there in july the air con was non existence :cry: the heat in the appartment was unbearable
we did complain many times but was told a engineer from majorca was on his way to fix it :roll: but he didnt arrive while we were there for the fortnight, but we had friends staying there, they emailed me to say it was infact fixed 2 days after we came home, we also was told it wasnt affecting the whole of the complex, so i hope it will be fine for you,
happy hols :lol:

fizz xx
Thankyou so much! Have you any tips about the place....places to eat, things to avoid? Also, is there a bus stop to Cituedella close to the apartments? Really appreciate you responding! :D
yes get up bloody early if you want a sunbed round the pool :lol:
the hotel its self is lovely, evening entertainment not too bad the residence entertainment staff try there best, but you also get acts appearing during the week some of them were great, the four tops tribute band, there was a riverdance troop, really good, for the kids you have bufo, they all seemed to love him :) the entertainment stops around 11 o'clock but you can still have a drink untill 12, there is a bus stop just outside the hotel with buses running to Cituedella, we hired a car so we didnt use it, the marina is about a ten minute walk from the viva, there you have wide range of resturants and bars, its a nice place to go in the evening, we also took a boat trip from the marina, lovely day
if you have anymore questions or worrys i will be pleased to help.

fizz xx
Hi I have read on another site that the viva menorca has no lift to the first floor. As i am travelling witha baby thsi might be a problem with a buggy etc.

I was going to request ground floor apartment although im not sure if it would be too noisy!

Any advise would be great

Click Here for our reviews of this accomodation there may be some assistance there.
thanks will take a look now
yes there are no lifts, we stayed aug last yr and had a great time. but had a 5 & 8 yr old. its hard going at times with suitcases, then lilos buckets spades ect but it was quiet being on the first floor. at least it helped to exercise of all those lollies!

della
Hi all

I'm booked to go to these apartments in two weeks and just been told by travel agent that there is building work adjacent. Bit worried - has anyone just come back and knows if it's bad or not?

They've also said mini-market onsite is closed. Are there other supermarkets nearby/

Thanks a lot

Claire :?
Hi, we have just received a letter to say that the supermarket on site has been closed ,but their was no mention of building work. But we are not going untill august. Our letter did state that their is a couple of supermarkets just outside the complex. Kazlin.
Thanks Kazlin

Will let you know what it' like when I get back.

Cheers

Claire
Claire, there are 3 supermarkets just over the roundabout. The Betterbuy one is the bigger of the 3 though. I cant think where the building work can be, unless it is over the main road, in which case that shouldnt cause you any problems.
Thanks, this is really helpful!
Am really looking forward to it now.
Claire :D
me and my wife have just returned from arenall castell,sorry to say this if you are going in these appartments next door.But yes they are building,they start at 07.00 in the morning till 18.30 in the evening monday to friday.Drilling you name it,also watch for the overhead crane which casts a giant shadow over the appartments.plus the cloud of dust which will engulf you every day.WE stopped at the fiesta hotel at the very top,we had to put up with sewarage smell for the whole seven days of our holiday.My advise is dont stay at these appartments you have been warned.regards as always:
As far as I remember these 2 resorts are at opposite ends of the Island. Karen
Oh dear. Sounds awful. I'm not sure of the geography of the resort so will try and find a map to check. Thanks for the info...
Claire
To Visot
I just checked and it looks as though Karen is right. I think your hotel is in a completely different resort. I'm goiong to the Viva Menorca apartments in Cala n Bosch. You went to Arenal Castell. Is that right?
Thanks
Claire
Hi all,
A few of us were enquiring for the above, please find enclosed their email reply:
Half board at Viva Menorca costs 20:- euros/day for adults and 10:- euros/day for children between 3 and 12 years old. You can buy the tickets at Reception anytime.

Thank for choosing our hotel.

Reception,
Off to Menorca (Cala n Bosch Viva Menorca) on September 10th. Whats the weather normally like at this time of year (warm I hope)!!!!!!!

Also saw some reviews which sound great so fingers crossed it is still good. Have done Viva Cala Mesquida in Majorca and it was fabulous.

Any help much appreciated

Anne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.