Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I can't say anything for the Voyage Torba as I've not stayed their, however what I can say is I've been to Aqua Fantasy twice and have enjoyed each visit. Checking the Voyage Torba website, it seems as though this is a more peaceful, relaxing type of hotel resort compared to Aqua Fantasy.

Although the Voyage Torba rooms seem more up-to-date (looking very clinical with their white walls) than AF, but I do find the free access to the waterpark at Aqua Fantasy more of a bonus.
Hi

We went to Aqua Fantasy last year. We enjoyed the holiday and the Aquapark is fantastic - I don't think that can be beaten. There is a very big English - Dutch divide though and this really put us off as the Dutch are heavily favoured as have been coming to the hotel for far longer than the British. The main problems were there were 2 kids clubs - Dutch and 'other' the Dutch being far superior. Our children, then aged 11, 9, 6 & 6 only went the once which is unusual for them, although with the amount of pools and slides this wasn't really a problem in itself. Also we found watersports on offer at the beach were priced according to your nationality, the Dutch getting them far cheaper which we didn't like. I would like to point out here that we don't like to holiday with the majority of Brits and are very happy to be in a minority but found this too far the other way and felt we were being treated more like second class citizens in comparison. Food was ok but very repetitive compared to other hotels we have stayed in, in Turkey and certainly could have been hotter. Entertainment was again, okay. Drinks are only AI until 11pm and are served in plastic glasses but that wasn't a problem for us as we only stay up until after the nightly show, then retire gracefully, lol.. There is no included safe and minbar, these are extras and most 4-5* AI's offer these as free as well as 24 hour drinks. Ice-cream was only available for 2 hours a day during lunch, again this is somewhat restrictive. That said we did enjoy our holiday but we did get a bargain so did take this into account, when I checked for this year it had doubled from £2500 to £4900 for the 6 of us mid June for 2 weeks and certainly isn't worth that price.

Now then, interstingly, we have booked the Voyage Torba for next June, this time spending £3500 which I think is a very good price. Obviously we haven't been yet but some of the plus points for me are the 6 a la carte restaurants with very good food reviews, ice cream available 2-8pm, AI minbar and safes and 24 hr AI. It also seems to offer a muti-cultural atmostphere which we prefer. The Torba has a few slides but nothing on the scale of the Aqua Fantasy so if that is what is the prime consideration is, the AF would win hands down.

We have travelled to Lykia World, Olu Deniz, The Grand Azur, Marmaris and the Royal Wings at Lara Beach - all excellent hotels and with food and service far superior than the Aqua Fantasy. You may like to have a look at the Royal Wings as this is 24 hour AI, has excellent food, a la carte dining, a waterpark, great kids club and also a funfair which is included. The Royal Dragon at Side is it's sister hotel and looks very similar, I would certainly consider that too.

Have you been to any other hotels in Turkey and what are your prime consdierations? I think that basically I would recommend the Aqua Fantasy if you were after a fantastic waterpark primarily or if it was at a very good deal compared to other hotels but if food were more a consideration and kids clubs then I would consider other options.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for your reply

What is most important is to have a good mix of things for the kids to do and to get them out of the sun for while during the day hence the kids club being important. Also the eldest is not the best of swimmers (hope to get that sorted by next year) and the youngest can't swim yet so whatever slides etc we go on we have to be with them. On some of the other reviews for Aquafantasy I did see the bias to the Dutch but then I also see that most Turkey hotels that are moving to Russians now since thats where they see the money. Voyage Torba is similar with a smaller UK percenatge both have kids clubs run by the hotel so will always be an issue. Before the kids we had been to Turkey a few times around Bodrum and Dalaman areas but this will be the first with them so it might be interstesting comparing how they coupe compared to Tenerife and Majorca.
Yes there are a lot of Russians as well as many other nationalities in Turkey but that hasn't bothered us in the slightest up to now, in fact we welcome the mix of nationalities as I said and disagreeing with your comment and having four children used to the hotel orientated (not UK operator) kids clubs the minority of British in these is not a problem in the slightest.The problem with AF was that it was a total majority and it was very much a 'Dutch' hotel and so therfore geared up to that nationality alone to the exclusion of all other guests,not just the British, that is what you will find the repeated comments are saying. If you are happy for your children to see a stage with characters at a kids club and then want to go and join in then to be told it is for the Dutch only and 'their' club is over there and be gestured to a bland hut with no characters and music then you may be very happy here, but blatant descrimination between nationalities is not what I expect from a hotel!

I think you will find, as many people on here do, that once you have taken your children to Turkey you would never return to the Spanish Isles as the accomodation, facilities and standard of service and food are far inferior.
I don't think the bias towards the Dutch is down to the Hotel at all. I'm sure that the Dutch Holiday Companies supply their own entertainment teams within the hotels, as we found in Gumbet and also in Greek hotels. The Dutch will pay a lot higher price than Brits and therefore get a better service (from the T.O.).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.