Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Unfortunately a flight change has to be more than 12 hours difference before it is classed as a major change.

I'm surprised they have actually offered you an alternative airport as they are not obliged to do so.

luci :wave
Would none of his family and friends be willing to drive to Edinburgh airport to pick you both up on his special day? As Luci says, they can do that...read the small print.
I have learned to accept changes like this without worrying about it unduly. I returned last Tuesday from New York having flown direct from Manchester. The return journey was to be via Heathrow and this mean I had a connecting flight from Heathrow. Had I asked for it to be changed when it again became available I would have to pay another £130. I was told I could phone BA once I was in NY and if it was then available it would cost £50 admin fee. When I was told that I could not change it because of the different route I just accepted it.

Imagine my delight when I checked in to be upgraded and then to be asked if I would prefer to be on the Manchester flight. I had the cheek to ask whether I would be upgraded on that flight and they said it was tight but they could do it.

Now that we all travel more and more I just don't stress out about it. Couple of years ago coming back from Rome via Munich the Rome flight was delayed and I missed the connection. The next flight was 5 hours later but they made me comfortable and gave me meal etc and I did get home late but not the end of the world. A good suggestion is what Hamrag has suggested why not get your friends to meet you and at least you can celebrate it together. Just try not to let it damage your looking forward to your cruise. You will have a fabulous time.

Sue
Changes happen so you have to plan for it or accept the risks.

If the 40th at home was that important planning a cruise with a flight home same afternoon was a bit risky. Flying into Edinburgh is not that big a deals it's not that far away.

Change the flight to Sunday and have the party in Barcelona.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.