Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Incase you haven't seen them, we have some reviews of the Voyager of the Seas HERE

luci :wave
Hubby and me are booked on this cruise - our first with Royal Caribbean - and were wondering if anyone else is going. I know I can't wait :D
Karen
:) hello,were on the same trip as you and your otherhalf ...boked any shore items yet 8)
should spell check myself....meant to say booked :oops:
We haven't booked any shore excursions yet. Might book an excursion for Malta, but will probably do the other ports on our own.

How long have you been booked on this cruise? We booked back in November!
way .way.back in august after coming of ocean village
We booked after coming off Thomson Spirit. Is this your first time on Royal Caribbean?
Don't know if I can mention other cruise forums but there is another one with lots of info about RCI
i think when we go to rome ,we,ll follow the advise of the forum and train it in..have you noticed my "short story " are you inside or outside bunk..were inside...any cheaper and will would have to row
Yes, I saw your short story. What time does your flight get to Barcelona?
We booked the flight with RCI flying out of Heathrow. We probably could have got it cheaper but as someone mentioned on your other thread, RCI are responsible for getting you to the ship from the airport if you book through them.

When we booked we originally had a balcony cabin on deck 8, but when I was checking the website I noticed a JS become available so we upgraded. We've now got a JS on the hump. From what I gather, these balconies are bigger than the standard for the grade but no extra cost (apart from the upgrade of category).

We'll probably only do an excursion in Malta as we don't have much time there. Not to bothered about Rome. Been there before. When we dock in Naples, it's going to be a bank holiday in Italy, so not much will be open so we'll probably stay on the ship.

All I know is that I can't wait. I've even got a ticker counting down the days.
we leave brum at 9 ,which is nice...as we live in northampton....last time we missed the fountain out in rome (the slaughter wanted to shop for a skirt).have you read the ship reviews...as some one said to me ....if you look for the bad points..your sure to find some.....
oh yes slaughter = daughter
The reviews on this site relate to a different RCI ship. As I mentioned in an earlier post, there is another cruise forum site (with a US slant) that has lots of info about RCI and Voyager in particular. It's called cruisecritic.com. There is a thread going on at the moment about Voyager in the Med now. In case you were interested!
thanks for that great tip ,,,, :)
I must admit, since we booked this cruise I have turned into a cruise bore! I've been checking loads of different cruise websites - there's cruisecal.com and kroooz-cams.com. Cruisecal lets you know where the ship is and who else is in portl, kroooz-cams; well that's just ship and port cams. I'm driving my hubby round the bend :D
the slaughter and my boy are started to buzz(as she made loads of friends last trip),the accountants come and gone, the dog kennels are booked .....then we read FORMAL NIGHT any news on this ...because my good lady is started to ask and wonder about .......you must be as well...............................................clothes....... :cry:
Formal nights are an opportunity to dress up as much as you like. Personally on a nice ship I would suggest as a minimum a nice dress for the ladies and a lounge suit and tie for the gents, but you can go really OTT if you wanted and wear a tuxedo/dinner suit and a long/beaded/evening dress. You may feel underdressed in just an open neck shirt or shirt and tie.

do teenagers go to these nights...and is it a stand around ,drink,social night :?
It tends to start with a reception where you get to meet the captain and have your photo taken. Then there's the formal dinner, then the rest of the evening is regular ships entertainment. The only difference is the people in tuxes etc. (you might get a more detailed response about teenagers from the other place! there's plenty of RCI experienced cruisers there!)
Hi, I'm off on a mini break on Voyager of the Seas visiting Sardinia. Any suggestions/tips etc most welcome regarding both the ship and Sardinia. Cheers, Lesley :D
Hi Lesley

We have reviews of this ship HERE

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.