General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Blossom, would it be possible to book the holiday with the double/twin room and then upgrade to a family room when you get to the hotel, paying the extra direct to the hotel? Maybe you could phone or email them?

Denny
Good idea but - we can't book a double/twin though because over 12's are classed as an adult at the hotel. :(
Blossom

As explained already, the position with the Hays name is very confused because of the two businesses. Most people have no idea which they are dealing with, or that in one case they aren't actually dealing with Hays at all, so searching for online reviews is probably a waste of time. The people who wrote most of those reviews would have had no more idea what was happening than you.

Which hotel are you trying to book and when?
Thanks Steve :)
Hotel is Lago Taurito - Playa Taurito, Gran Canaria. From 11th April for 14 nights (kids Easter hols). Kids are 15 (classed as an adult at the hotel - hence not being allowed one twin room) and youngest is 11. Ideally flying from Cardiff as have to take my dogs to friend in Wales beforehand lol!!

Maybe a bit too much info than you wanted but it can't hurt lol!! :)
I have looked at booking direct with hotel and just the hotel and flights come to more than the package from Hays. But I am not sure if I am wisest to book them separately?
Well I've just done the query with Hays and they give an itemised breakdown, which is something to be avoided but we won't go into that here. They show a total price over £3300 with the hotel price at £2359 but the Hotel itself is only quoting £2323 at current exchange rates. The Hays package price included transfers (over £80) but didn't include luggage which would be another £96.

Flying from Cardiff will always make life complicated and expensive.
Blossom.....just a suggestion if it's of any help....you could book "two rooms" with TC if you book one adult plus a child in each room......Caz

PS Don't know how much a family room would be with Hays but this works out just over £3800
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.