Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Tipsy

If you can get yourself to Agios Stefanos (just south of Kassiopi) there's a fantastic walk to Agni. It's probably about six miles, but is easily broken down into stages of 1-2 miles with very pleasant stops at the end of each.

Take the road (the only one) from Ag Stef to Kerassia. It cuts through olive groves and past some very nice villas including the Rothschild estate. Kerassia is a beautiful (stoney) beach with a single taverna that looks rough and ready but is actually extremely nice. Distance approx 1.5 miles.

Then take the boarwalk along beach. At the end of the beach find the coastal path around the headland towards Kaloura. This is a fantasically scenic walk, although the path can be narrow as it's not too well used. Kaloura has a tiny horseshoe harbour that appears on many postcards and (again) a single taverna, where the only problem can be getting a table. Distance approx 2 miles

Then head off up the hill before descending into Kalami with Gerald Durrel's famous White House. Views on the descent are fantastic, and the road heading up isn't too steep. Plenty of places to take a break in Kalami. Distance approx 1 mile.

Then your off along the coastal path again towards Agni. The path can be difficult to follow as you leave Kalami but there are usually people around who'll point you in the right direction. This is a beautiful section, and leads you to what is arguably the loveliest bay on the island. Agni has three very high-quality tavernas that's made it a bit of a foodie's paradise. Approx Distance 2 miles.

Then there are three ways to get back to Ag Stef: A taxi - easily the most boring and expensive. Alternatively Agni Taverna and Taverna Nikolas both run boat transfers to Ag Stef which leve in the early evening (around 7pm, cost a couple of euros), but check they are still running in October. Otherwise just walk.

Enjoy
Many thanks Rich :idea:

I have looked the walk up in one of my Corfu reference books and like what I am reading. :)

It's a definate possibilty :!:

As I am in the middle of the second of the Corfu trilogy by Gerald Durrell at present, the prospect of seeing their 'White House' is really quite exciting. :P

Many thanks again
There are some walks here Castaway Travel's walks, and you can buy the Corfu Book of Walks by Hilary Whitton Paipeti, and the Sunflower guide also has a Corfu walks book.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.