Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Marzo

To walk from the Irish Quarter to The Square would take about 10/15 mins depending how fast you walk- it is uphill but not too steep.

You wouldnt need a taxi - but I would reckon if you got one it would be minimum fare - about 3 or 4 euros.

To walk round the bay from from say no 3 on the map to number 32 - would take about 30 mins at a brisk walk or 45/50 mins at a leisurely stroll - depending how many times you stop at a bar!!

When we were there last we used to walk round from the Square to the Bahia del Sol (2) and back every night with our little boy who was 5 at the time and although it took us a while - as he liked to look in all the shops on the way it was a lovely walk past the beach and the pine wood.

Hope this helps

Carmel :wave
Hi Carmel, thankyou for this information! I now have an idea of the distances round the bay etc. Just wondering if you know - how long would it take to get from the Club Santa Ponsa Aprtments (no 6) to the Irish Quarter? I know it is up in the hill and I've heard there are steps, do you know how long it would take going this way?
Sorry for asking stupid questions but I would just like to know as I've read some reviews with people complaining about walking and also about the steps from Vista Club and Club Santa Ponsa apartments and would love to know just how easy or bad this is?

Thanks!!!!!
Hi Marzo

Dont know the exact location of no 6 - but all I can say is that there are a lot of steps from the top down to the road - over 200!!! :shock:

Wouldnt be too bad going down - but wouldnt like to tackle them going up - especially during the day when it is really hot.

At night once you have come down the steps you are only 5 mins stroll to the Irish Quarter.

If you end up in the Square you would be about 10 mins walk back to your apartment - still a bit of an uphill trek I'm afraid.

Some of the roads around that area do look very steep and can be a bit dangerous as they are those slippy tiles.

I'm sure you will be fine, we spoke to some people who were staying there and they didnt find it a problem

it would take about 15 minutes to walk between the irish quarter and the spanish square as long as you dont get caught behind slow walkers... in which case cross the road! lol!! as for a taxi... 3 euro at the most!!! but i always gave 5 euro thou when i was living there and i was living before the square!

one end of the beach to the other maybe about 5 minutes if you are strolling!! get yourself round to the spanish beach... much quieter and a beautiful cove... about 5/10 minutes from the main beach and on way round to the marina!

any other info you need just post!

laura :)
Thanks so much for the info Carmel and Laura, it definately gives me a good idea of distances now!! It's great to know about these things before you go - 8 weeks now and I'm counting!!!!!!!
Laura, you mentioned the Marina. Well we love going on boat trips. Do any boat trips leave from the Marina? Can you just walk over there and get on a trip? If so do you know how much they generally cost? I want to make sure we have enough money for everything we want to do. We will be on holiday after all and so we will be eating out all the time and we want to go on boat trips and to Aqua Land etc.. I am getting really excited now!!
Thanks again for all your information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Marzo

There are some really good boat trips from Santa Ponsa. You can book them at a little kiosk near to McDonalds on the Promenade. The guy who sells the tours looks just like Captain Birdseye - he's always there every evening.

There was a boat trip round the bay for a couple of hours or there was one that went to Palma and included a stop off there.

We went on the one round the bay - it was on one of the boats with submarine vision. You get on the boat at the Papagayo Bar/Restaurant (very near to the steps you come down from your apartment to the town) - opposite Grannys Restaurant.

Cant remember the exact price of the trip but it certainly wasnt expensive - it was no more than £15 per head.

Hi Carmel, thanks again for all this information. I am really excited now!!! Will definately check out that boat trip you went on!!!
Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thanks :thanks :thanks :bow
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.