Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Walking distance to Rhodes town from Ixia is about 2-3 miles
My parents would often walk from the Atlantica Princess which is pretty much in the centre of Ixia, that would take around 1 and 1/2 hours to the harbour. The walk is quite a bit shorter from the bigger hotels near the traffic lights - Cosmopolitan, Dionysos, Capsis.

Yes your teens will be able to get to Faliraki and back easily by taxi (though i'm not sure of the current fare) but if it's nightlife they're looking for they might be just as happy in Rhodes Town. If they head for Orfandinou St, that's the main bar street in town.
Have a look at http://www.theixiangrand.gr/ for a decent hotel in Ixia. A walk towards Rhodes from ther will be a good hike, but if you walk to the end of the shopping parade on the main road, then get a bus in to the centre for 70 cents, you'll see a lot more of the place. You won't be as hot either.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.