Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi You may need a car if staying in Los Altos. You have the aqua park in torrevieja itself, There is a beach near you called Playa Los Naufragos which is a excellent beach they even had a tramoline in the sea there this year. There are other beaches near you as well think it is about a 20 minute walk to the nearest one. There are plenty of bars and restaurants on the N332 which is not far from Los Altos but be careful the N332 is a very busy road especially in August. There is a pitch and putt in torrevieja near the aqua park, A Go Kart place on the N332, Plenty of restaurants including Chinese, Indian as well as English and Spanish. Also there is a shopping centre called Habaneras which has 64 shops and a cinema comlex and bowling alley. There is plenty to keep you uoccupied. I have lived here over 3 years and love it.
As Fudgey has already written .You will need a car if staying in Los Altos, which is an urbanization about 10 minutes drive inland and south of Torrevieja.
If you are familiar with the area it is quite close to the newly built Torrevieja hospital.

August is a very busy time of year here, so if heading for the beaches you will have to go early to get a parking space. Heading south along the infamous N332 will take you to Cabo Roig, La Zenia and Playa Flamenca where there are 'kid's orientated' beaches and the usual overpriced restaurants and bars.
Further south and you will get to Pinar, Mar Menor and eventually Cartegena, these places make a good day out. It may be worth checking out La Manga as premiership football teams often use the facilities for 'out of season training'. You may get lucky!
Inland is Orihuela where the kids may enjoy exploring the caves and you may enjoy the 'Spanish' prices of food and drink.
With children in mind, and with 3 weeks of exploring to do, head north towards Alicante.
The town of Santa Pola has some good boat trips.
Inland towards Elche is the Rio Safari zoo and Elche itself has some nice botanical gardens (Hueta del Cura) and an interesting ancient part of town.

Torrevieja itself has a marina, town square, boat trips, market, submarine to explore and hundreds of bars and eating places (some good, some bad).

You will not be short of fiestas in August, and there will be many concerts and other events, sometimes by international celebrities. Tickets can often be brought online (I will provide links if required).

There will be bullfighting in Alicante and Murcia, and probably in some of the smaller towns as well.

Alicante is well worth a visit with its marina and castle. Further north towards Benidorm are the caves of Buscot (hard to find). Terra Mitica theme park, water parks (natural and man-made) and a whole host of other attractions.

As far as eating and drinking out is concerned, the restaurants that cater for the tourists are invariably overpriced. Like Fudgey, I have lived here for many years and I would be more than happy to point you in the direction of places where you can get 'menu del dia's' for as little as 3.50 Euro. (Directions if required).

As long as you intend to use your rental apartment purely as a base then I am sure that you will have a lovely holiday.
Hi blister .... you are picking up some very helpful info here in this thread, but just in case you are not aware, we do also have lots of previous discussion about Torrevieja. You will be able to retrieve those topics via the Search facility at the top of the page.

David :wave
HI Which urb will they be staying at in Los Altos?

If they are near the main roads and do not drive they can easily hop on a bus to places. Also what kind of holiday are they wanting as If they do have a hire car they will be able to find something for everyone from HIstoric places of interest, Theme parks, Pony trekking, water sports, quad biking, Markets, theme park at Benidorm, Water parks, zoos, Mud baths, Salt lakes with conservation areas, beaches, and thermal baths at Fortuna. If they would like more detailed information email me at XXXXXXX. There are plenty of Places to eat and drink agains omething for all.

Email address removed, as per our Terms & Conditions
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.