Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
For legal reasons, it may be best if that question remains unanswered. :wink
David :wave
Having just come back from Benidorm, after my 10th holiday there in the last 6 years, I made a few observations whilst there.

I am 33 and went away with my wife, 2 young children and my mom and brother were also there at same time. On a couple of occasions my mother offered to have the children stay with her so me and my wife could venture out to the square, something we had done frequently on previous holidays when we had been to Benidorm without the children.

I have to say that for the first time ever I found there to be a lot of trouble going on in the square, mainly being caused by drunken young british lads who were clearly not in control of their senses. The bouncers at the clubs on the square and the security guards which patrol it, it has to be said do not stand any messing and will deal with any trouble with what could be considered by some as over the top force. Having said that, if you have what can only be described as a drunken yob giving you verbals and trying to attack you then the bouncers and security guards clearly have to take action.

Me and my wife are going again at the end of September for a week away without the children and I have to say the amount of trouble I saw around the square during our recent stay as put me off venturing to this area of Benidorm again although it has to be said you do seem to get an older and more mature attitude of person visting Benidorm later in the season.

I am not sure you can put the blame onto the security/bouncers for the trouble which is caused.
I won't name the club for obvious reasons. Since my friends are not exactly "kids" they should have known better than to argue, but the treatment they received shocked them (and these are not people who are easily shocked). This was way beyond over-enthusiastic "bouncing". I'm glad I'm usually tucked up in bed before this side of the town rears its ugly head :roll:
These drunken mummys boys recieve treatment that they wouldn't expect in the UK

Then again, generally these type of people are doing things they wouldn't dream of doing infront of British police.

Most of them deserve everything they get
I figured as much but I'm just nosey. :wink: I think most of us can imagine which ones they'd be anyway...

If there were so many in the party though I'm surprised they didn't get some 'protection' themselves and go back to sort them out the day after. We all know what most bouncers are like.

Have to say though, I'm a bit perturbed by all the recent reports of trouble that have been posted on here. Even at stupid o'clock in the morning after drinking far too well and not too wisely I've felt safe in any part of the town - even the Square. Now I'm getting a bit wary.
:lol: :lol: :lol: drunken mummy's boys :lol: :lol: :lol: Half of them are over forty!
Hi...Just to add our observations (admittedly not scientific) as we were discussing this very subject in the pub the other night.....

I'm a 45yr.old "mummys boy" also, and have been going to Beni 2 or 3 times a year for around the last 12 yrs.

I've gone with the young daughter & family,as couples, and also "with the lads" in fact the only real time I go out "with the lads" now is when we all pile to Beni...I certainly wouldn't dream of having a night out in my local town centre.

To me there are 3 distinct periods...

Before the high season...(Mar - May)

Lots and lots of stag/hen nights.....I think these groups simply don't realise how imtimidating they can be (Especially the ladies!!) to smaller groups,individuals, or even to bouncers I would suspect.I'm sure it's not deliberate, but it's just the way it is.You can imagine the sort of confrontations this sort of atmosphere may bring.

The High season (June - Aug)

For me this is Beni at its absolute worst...I wouldn't dream of going there again....I think it turns in to the exact steryotype of "The Brits abroad" type thing.

After the High Season. (End Sept - Mid Nov)

For us this is the best of Beni....Generally great weather....Brilliant evening atmosphere...Stag/hen nights very few (I suppose a lot less people get married in the autum/winter)...Quite a few birthday parties (40th & 50th) and generally people of a more mature outlook......But we all can still party.....If possible that's when we aim to go.

Haven't included the winter season......Never been, but I don't imagine it's pensioners battling bouncers outside Cafe Benidorm every night!!

Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.