Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi , we have been going to Bulgaria since 2002 .....I'm 43 ...wife ?? kids 20,15& 13 ...eldest does not go anymore with us but goes herself .

we always go too golden Sands & have stayed in many places ....trouble is Balkan Holidays seem to rub the hotel owners up the wrong way ....& rarely go to the same hotel twice infact we have only stayed in the Perunika twice ....but no longer open to Balkan tourists.
Even the apts we stayed last year not for Balkan ....shame as it was brilliant.

Bulgarian people are different class (most) in fact we have two over here at moment ....Nataly Petkova (Perunika) & her partner Vasco Karamfilov(Chernomorets,Zaliva) SV Konstantin.

We have only visited Sunny Beach once last year 2009 & found it to be big & brash .....our opinion is GS though right in your face offers more in the out laying areas close to it & also has Varna ....which is fantastic when explored.

Hotels ....... only go B&B at a push ...don't be fooled by 5* AI ,FB,HB all is same from 2* - 5* food is the same ....slop ....eat out but away in Golden sands from beach .....in Varna eat everywhere ....go to the sea gardens on the beach ...fantastic
Hi and welcome to HT!

Be very careful with the hotel that you choose as it can make or break your holiday. You can read the Hotel Reviews and Resort Reports via the links at the top of the page.

A friend went last year and only read the reviews after she had booked. They weren't good. She went with an open mind and unfortunately the reviews were correct and they spent as much time as they could away from the hotel.

luci :wave
have been goin to golden sands since1994 and seen loads of changes in it like DOA we keep going back and have friends in Bulgaria We have stayed in a few hotels also but always B/B as you can eat out as there are loads of places to eat .We are thinking of going back to the Shipka this year again as it was really good last year in it .A lot of the hotels we liked are no longer avalable by Balkans which is a shame
June :que
Thanks for all the replies,we like the look of Nessebar so we`re starting to look at hotels there. So if anyone has stayed in Nessebar could they let us know how it was? Many thanks again,
Bren
Hi Bren 0302.

Thinking about Nessebar is a Good start but still think about what hotel as the Hawaii is right at the back of New Nessebar, the town has grown over the last 10 years so that there is now a large number of hotels. The group of hotels which come under the Nessebar Bay /mar. are also at the back end of the new town and are midway between Ravda and Nessebar the panorama hotel is right on the main road going towards the old town,there are also some small hotels in the old town such as the Victoria and the Toni. the main thing about Nessebar is that you are far enough away from Sunny beach to avoid a lot of the noise but close enough to jump on the bus for the short journey in the bus is very cheap. hope some of this helps also dont forget have a look at the apartment in the old town most of which share a house with the locals who are very friendly any other questions just ask. :think
Hi Bren, and welcome. We've been going to Bulgaria on & off for the last 12 years, and have stayed in Sunny Beach, Albena and most recently in the Sol Hotels complex (Bay/Mare/Palace) in Nessebar/Ravda. Of all the places we've stayed, the Nessebar Mare was probably the best. The complex is a short taxi ride (or a longer walk :) ) from Old Nessebar, which is a place I love. Sunny Beach is easily reachable if you want to visit, but. like many others, I find it just too brash & "in your face" to stay there. Our daughter was 13 when we stayed there, and she had a great time, but, as always, it all depends on what you like doing. I always hesittae to tell people they "should go" to a particular hotel when I have no idea what they like/dislike - but I'd stay there again like a shot, and I have recommended it friends & family.
If you're interested, either post here, or send me a PM - I've got loads of info at home.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.