Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
looks like the weather is picking up (going off the webcam today anyway ) less than 2 weeks now :sun2 :sun2 :sun2 :cheers .
Coming out to Benidorm next week, how is the weather?

Katy
The weather is still very changeable....this last week.....
Tuesday a nice sunny day with the occasional cloud...temp in the 70's
Wednesday an absolutely perfect day, wall to wall sunshine, blue skies and in the 80's.
Thursday a lot colder and raining on/off all day long.
Friday sunshine and cloud with a cold wind blowing
Saturday sunshine in the morning with a warm wind blowing, cloud build up this afternoon.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiii
Started off lovely sunshine this morning, but that cold wind was blowing and it really was nippy in the shade, it was quite warm in a sheltered spot,but in the shade and up the side streets, you needed something warm on.....
Cloud build up this afternoon and it really was a gusty wind blowing, it looked like it was going to throw it down with rain, but it didn't.

It brightened up at tea-time, but the wind has taken the edge off the temperatures today....

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Now I know that Benidorm has many charms and redeeming features, and I also know that I am going to get ‘moderated' for this post, but I think that in the spirit of a website called Holiday Truths I should reply anyway.

Perhaps when you leave a soggy, cold airport in the UK, anywhere may appear better than it actually is.

Benidorm with all its many attractions does not have a micro-climate which makes it warmer by at least 12 degrees than the weather station situated a little further south at Alicante airport. And just to confirm that I wasn't mistaken when I stuck my head out of my window on Wednesday last week, I checked the actual weather for that day.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LEAL/2008/3/19/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Temperatures in the 80's?......In March that would be a record even for the Costa Blanca.
I don't understand what the point is that you are trying to make OD. :shrug

I've been to Benidorm enough times to recognise the difference between a good day and a bad day.
I was walking in the Sierra Helada mountains yesterday morning and I can assure you that it was a lot warmer than when we came down to the coast and hit the cold breeze.

I can also tell you that on Wednesday the 19th March, it was in the 80's in Benidorm.....and I don't like being questioned about something I know as fact, oh but let's get this straight, I was here, you stuck your head out of the car window as you were passing through, or you think your little weather station is more correct.?
And Benidorm does have its own micro climate, it is surrounded by three mountain ranges, I should stick to what you know about, if I were you....south of Benidorm.

Sanjii
I don't know why you want to take it out on me!

I am the sort of person that can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning, so when I am told that I have overlooked a day with temperatures in the 80's, I am obviously concerned that I am missing something.

I think it is clear what has happened. A bored employee at the 'little' weather station at Alicante has obviously had too much time on their hands, they have been browsing the internet and come across your post, then in a playful moment, in order to discredit you (and to make me look silly), have altered the records for that day.

We have both been taken advantage of.

Please don't assume that because I live a short drive south of Benidorm that my knowledge is confined to just my immediate area, and despite your multipe visits to Benidorm, I can promise you that I have been there far more often than you, and know more about the place.

On this forum you act as an ambassador for Benidorm. I would imagine that some people have been influenced to visit by your many postings. Anyone turning up in March and expecting 'temperatures in the 80's' would be disappointed.

You may feel that you can argue with me, but how on earth can you argue with the documented history from the local weather station?
I ain´t argueing with anybody, in fact I don´t know why I bother wasting both my time and money posting about the weather from Benidorm.

The fact that the streets temperatures were flickering between 24 and 25 degrees on Wednesday and that off the streets in a sheltered spot it was a few degrees higher, then my maths tells me that was verging into the 80´s on Wednesday the 19th March.

Nobody should be influenced by my posts, as I said it was a lot colder and raining the next day, or the fact that I´ve already mentioned the weather is very changeable and the breeze/ wind has taken the edge off the temperatures.

This morning several street temperatures are showing 20 degrees at 11 am, but if you go outside the Hotel Los Dalmatas, there is a more accurate temperature gauge and barometer.
You may feel that you can argue with me, but how on earth can you argue with the documented history from the local weather station?

Easy, when you are here and weather stations situated in various points in the province are recording the surrounding temperature.
Alicante or Alicante airport will always show a different temperature.
But, like I say, what was the point of your post, if not to dispute my post. :shrug
I don´t make a point of finding a computer and feeding it euros to talk a load of twaddle about the weather and with that I´m off out into the sunshine.

You obviously missed the glorious weather we had for one day.....

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
My neighbour came back from Beni on Thursday (20th). She told me that the previous day, Wednesday, was a "scorcher" and the temperatures showing on the streets were between 24-26 degrees. Going to the airport the following day they needed jackets on. Linda.
Oly Daze wrote:
Now I know that Benidorm has many charms and redeeming features, and I also know that I am going to get ‘moderated' for this post, but I think that in the spirit of a website called Holiday Truths I should reply anyway.

Perhaps when you leave a soggy, cold airport in the UK, anywhere may appear better than it actually is.

Benidorm with all its many attractions does not have a micro-climate which makes it warmer by at least 12 degrees than the weather station situated a little further south at Alicante airport. And just to confirm that I wasn't mistaken when I stuck my head out of my window on Wednesday last week, I checked the actual weather for that day.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/air ... atename=NA

Temperatures in the 80's?......In March that would be a record even for the Costa Blanca.

I can confirm that it was 79.7 deg F on the afternoon of 19th March. The temperature was taken in the shade in our garden at 2 pm. It is usually warmer down in the town. We live near the new bus station. Before I retired I used to measure temperature and humidity for a living. It is now a hobby of mine.

FYI, Benidorm is considered to be an area with a warmer climate than Alicante. Is your 12 degrees difference in C or F? (Or K or R for that matter.)
I came home on Saturday,and it was hot on Wednesday,as was a couple of days also the week before.Ive come home with a great suntan that women pay pounds for on the sunbeds.
Thank you Linda and Pebbles, I really have no idea why anyone would think I would say the weather is/was in the 80's. if it were not, what on earth have I got to gain by posting lies.?

I've been most of the day in the Sierra Helada mountains again and obviously there are no thermometers around, but I would hazard a guess that today the temperature has again been very close, if not exceeding 80 degrees Farenheit (spel?).
It certainly felt it and that was sat on top of a mountain and it was still hot around 4 pm when we got back down to the streets of Benidorm....wall to wall sunshine all day long. ;)

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Edited by Sanji 2008-03-24 21:37:08
I just wanted to say that i am very grateful for sanji's daily weather reports, as I am due there on Saturday. When I check all the different weather sites, they all seem to vary and I never know which one is more accurate. I know you can have 4 seasons in 1 day anywhere but from her reports I know which weather station seems to be the most accurate now. To me sanji is an ambassador to Benidorm in these forums. The amount of knowledge I have gained from her, the videos she spends her holidays making so that other people, who usually ask about, can see, could not be found anywhere else. Maybe a few other people have the same knowledge, but they don't seem to post alot about it as Sanji does.
I am also going to Benidorm on Saturday, and I am grateful for Sanji's reports :tup
hi there

We go on Saturday to and you are right this forum wouldnt be the sme without the invaluable information Sanj gives. She must put in a lot of time what with filming and writing on here , I think if she had a fan club there would be a lot of members xx
Just had a text from northantsj and she says it has been boiling there to-day. Karen
Try the links on page 1, some are more reliable (or slightly less unreliable) than others !! :wink
David :wave
This is for the attention of Olydaze and anyone else who has doubts about Benidorms "micro climate"

Sue :)

http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/climate.htm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.