Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Welcome to HT, have you taken a spin through the dedecated Wedding Related Topic further up this page..

wizard
hi, yeah i have, some great info but nothing on Alexander the great hotel.
Members DonandPam used to be regulars at this hotel. I am sure they will be along soon to tell you all about it.

Kath HT Admin
Hi,

Alexander is a lovely hotel, great location etc etc. It is also about to undergo a refurb.
Athena Beach & Imperial are also popular for weddings but are not so central.

Louise
Would definitely recommend the Athena Beach - really popular for weddings. Found it a lovely hotel hotel on my numerous stays.

Kath x
Hi Stephen

The Alexander the Great is our favourite Hotel, but we have our own place now so don't use the hotel very much just to visit old friends when they come out to stay every year at the Alex. Excellent position with loads of good resturants within walking distance. Great sea views over the harbour, friendly staff and a fairly unique sunbed reservation system that eliminates the need to get up at the crack of dawn to put your towels on a sunbed.

However there is limited room to accomodate a large wedding party outdoors without the group feeling in the way of other guests. For this reason we would go with Kath's suggestion of a wedding at the Athena Beach. We have only ever stayed there for one night - a delayed flight meant we needed overnight accomodation :( -but we have visited the hotel at other times and have always been very impressed.

Photos and wedding reports can be found on the Paphos Post wedding Forum here

http://p069.ezboard.com/bpaphos It's free to join.

Photos taken a couple of years ago at the Alex are here

http://www.donandpam.co.uk

HTH

Have a Great One
The Alexander the Great Hotel is in an excellent location, in fact very hard to beat. Other hotels near it are the Annabelle and the Almyra.
Try some of the apartments as well as the big hotels for weddings as not everybody has a high budget to attend and apartments often give combined parties great sevice.

But Alexander, Athena and some of the Hotels toward Coral Bay have good names.
The Alexander the Great hotel would be perfect. Right on the beach and in the centre of the resort - perfect for you and all your guests.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.