Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
hiya ,
i was just wondering if you dont mind saying approx how much your paying for your wedding,ive stayed at lindos and been to the little church and fell in love with the place,ive said if /when i marry again it would only be there.bless just aswell my partner loved the place to lol.hope you dont mind me asking .
thankyou
Hi everyone,

Does any one know of a company that do boat hire in Pefkos.

I was thinking of having a boat to take me from Pefkos to my wedding in Lindos, but the price quoted by the wedding planner was rather expensive,I wondered if anyone knew if I could do this independently?
Sunflower,
The planner i'm using is charging 650 pounds this year as far as I know.
Wow, £650 for the boat trip? That does seem expensive.
No lol I was replying to sunflower who asked about the price of the wedding :wink:
Hi, I'm getting married in Lindos on 13 May this year, and so far haven't booked a reception. We're staying at the Lindos Mare but marrying at St Paul's Chapel. Can anyone recommend a good venue for an evening meal/reception in Lindos for 22 people, including children? Am considering holding it at the hotel, but just wanted to look at other options too.

Thanks for the help!

Vicky
Hi All

I'm getting married at St Pauls in September this year, bit worried about the conveyer belt description is really as bad as all that ? Also staying in Lardos need somewhere to get dress and suits steamed/pressed any ideas ? My hotel doesn't offer this service.

Bev
Your wedding planner should be able to help with this, our's was very helpful. :D

RE: Boat hire. Just make sure your boat has adequate boarding/unboarding facilities as we hired the boat booked through the Lindos Reception which only had ladders, but wasn't really a problem, mind you was quite funny when my friend tried to help my mum-in-law off the boat and he sunk into the sand and they both fell. :lol: I'm sure the boat cost 200 Euros, that was from St Paul's bay to Atrium Palace, Kalathos, one-way.

FD
my partner is struggling to find a suitable dress....any suggestions...also what is the actual price to take 25 in the glass bottom boat
Hi,

The glass bottom boat I told you about is 200 Euros which was hired in May 2005. It's a hire price and not a price per person.

FD
Just being nosey really, we're off on honeymoon from Luton Airport to Rhodes on 3rd June, anyone else on honeymoon and where are you staying ? Oh, we're staying in Kalithea !
Hi All

Those people who have already been to Lindos for a wedding, I need your help! My partner and I are hoping to get married there next year, but need to accommodate my Mum, who although is not wheelchair bound, struggles to walk unaided and doesn't do more than a few steps. I suspect that she will be bringing an electric wheelchair/scooter type thing with her, but am a little worried about the accessibility of St Paul's Chapel for her.
Have been speaking to Karen at Lindos Weddings and she's suggested alternative locations of Lindian Village and Lindos Memories, but I haven't seen many photos of the actual ceremony locations in these places. I really want a stunning sea view wherever we end up!

Do you know if these hotels have disabled facilities - ie rooms on the ground floor and easy access to everything both inside and out for people on wheels?!

I really need to start booking something sooner rather than later and I don't really know where to start. It's a few weeks since I last contacted Karen, which I will do again very shortly, but any advice from "unbiased" people who've been there would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Ruth (and Adam!)
:?: Hi there new user here, i am getting married at st pauls chapel on 2nd june we are staying at lindos mare and have read many rviews about it. i was wondering how much champagne cruise is i have read different reports some price per person and some price per hire of boat. we are not booking reception until we get there but have looked at lindian house? we have asked if it is easy to get helium for balloons but dont know yetso if any one knows it would be helpfull?
p.s is it ok to wear heels out and about in lindos or is it a big NO NO?
:?
Bridezilla - Can't help much with the Heels, being a man. :lol: Although I guess with the many places to go being spread out, you may find it a bit uncomfortable and would need to be careful.

Can't help on the hotel, but baloons should be sourced. I presume you got a Wedding Co-Ordinator or something, as ours (at the hotel) managed to get ours okay.

FD
Hi Bridezilla :D
Can't help much with the wedding info but can confirm the reports are true and Lindos Mare is a lovely hotel (it's a good walk but only 5 mins taxi ride to Lindos).
As for heels in Lindos - NO! My sister is a bit of a glamourpuss but leaves the heels at home when we go to Lindos. You're alright with a small heel (kitten heel is it?) but Lindos is quite hilly and the cobbled streets get rinsed down frequently making them quite slippy. Go for comfort and keep your bones intact!
marcuschap i too am a first timer on the forum but have read a lot of your previous ,very helpful replies.
Coincidently like bridezilla we too are due to get married on june 2 at St pauls ,hopefully 6 pm.
We though are staying up the coast at the Esperides as my partner [Sarah] and i have two boys aged 9 & 5 to keep amused as well.
We are looking for a restaurant for just the four of us in Lindos for our reception .Have read reports on most of the recomended restaurants but i wondered if you have any knowledge of Caesars as it looks good with a massive menu and abit more space upstairs than some,also from St pauls how close to the restaurants can you get in a taxi ,or have we got a bit of a hike up the hill.:?:
Hi :D
Well unfortunately i've not tried Caesars (probably one of the few i haven't!) so can't comment. From St Pauls Bay it would be fairly easy to walk as the worst hill is the one getting you back up from the bay to the main road and a taxi can't get down there anyway.
The nearest restaurant to St Pauls and v nice is Il Palazetto which is an upmarket italian (about 5 mins walk once you're up on the main road).
Just had a look at the location of Caesars and it would involve a bit of a hike as the only places a taxi can drop off is near St Pauls Bay, Main Square or Lindos Reception (none close).
Re: Italian Restaurant.

I'm not a great fan of Italian food, but our friends who attended the wedding had a meal in there and said it was absolute beautiful.

I'm assuming it's the one which is around the 1st you'll come to when making your way up from the bay past the Town Hall? We did go into it and it was lovely.

FD
:P hi a reply for lou-lou we have just booked to stay at the hotel esperides in kalithia which has wheelchair access and are planning on getting married out in rhodes next year. we to was looking at lindos st pauls bay but heard it was quite hard to get to with a wheelchair (1 of the guests is wheelchair bound) then the travel agent found a lovely church in faliriki called st apostals which looks beautiful. it looks like we are going to get married there really looking forward to it, hope this is of some help for you. and good look in the wedding
planning.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.