Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
we're getting married at 4.30pm, i originally wanted the 7th September but if i'd had that date we would have had to get married at 8pm, which i felt was a little to late in the day, so we went with the 5th in the end. I am looking forward to meeting with karen as we've been talking about doing this for about 2 years, now it's all coming together at last, I think she said she'll bring some pics etc and i've been told by other people that she can recommend places to hold the reception, we've only got about 15-20 guests coming out so we're not a large party, i've seen some posts from people who have had 80-100 guests travelling with them and had to hire out entire restaurants! :lol:
Karen has loads of pictures to show you of venues and weddings. The photos of other weddings are great because they give you ideas of what to have. I have chosen my bridesmaids bouquets and mine by looking at what someone else has had. There are photos of table decorations, cakes, etc etc!! Loads to look at!

We have 30 guests coming, a couple still to confirm.

We decided on Arhontiko because it has a private room you can use which appealed to us. The menu was nice and reasonable price too and they can cater for children. There is a courtyard where we will have champagne before entering the reception. The Greek band is playing from 9 - 12am.

Suzie
We're hoping there is somewhere with a roof terrace, or something like that, open air with great views is what we would like for the reception, hopefully Karen will know somewhere like we have in mind. :D
Cathrynjamie the restaurant of Luna Bar might suit you. It has fabulous views from the rooftop and the food is great (one of my favourite Lindos restaurants).
It's literally just across the road from Arhontinko :D
There's also Agostinos near the Top car park or Hermes near the square which both have roof terraces.
Hermes has changed hands since our fantastic wedding reception held there in May 2001 after we married at St Pauls Bay but is still as good by reputation. Make sure you visit the places first and try the food & wines - a good restaurant will let you do that & let you make up your own menu!
Hi all.
We had our meeting with Karen from Lindos weddings last night, she was great, very helpful, with lots of ideas for everything, we decided on which restaurant, but now i'm not sure of the name! I think it may have been Lindian house, if there is such a place?!
After meeting with her last night i would 100% recommend Karen to anyone thinking of getting married out there, now all I need is a dress!
Very exciting!
Hi

Glad your meeting went well with Karen. I would also recommend her, she is very helpful and full of ideas.

It's very exciting seeing all the venues and the photos of other weddings. Are you having Greek Musicians or anything like that?

Suzie
No, we are just having a plain ceremony, then to the platform for champagne, then to the restaurant for food and more champagne! We've picked out the balloons etc for the table decorations and the bouquet, just got to decide on colours as i have no dress or bridesmaids dresses yet so once i know those i will let her know. :lol:
How about you? What are you having?
Hi again Cathryn

We also picked our balloons and my bouquet etc. We are having the Greek Musicians to meet us after the cruise. My hubby to be and I met at Music College and our families are both musical so it seemed apt!

My bridesmaid dresses are sky blue.

We didn't want a big wedding but it seems to have snowballed!!!

My advice on the dress front is to try and imagine wearing the dress in the heat!

Suz x
I did see a dress that i liked, but that one went staight onto the NO pile when i realised how hot it will be out there! :shock:
Me too :lol:

Couldn't imagine lugging it around in the heat at all. I am a bit worried about the heat because I didn't really realise how hot it can be over there, someone told me Lindos was the Oven of Rhodes!! :shock:

Anyone out there with dress tips?

Suz
Dresswise mine was simply mid-calf length - wide princess style neckline with short sleeved attatched bolero type thing in lace! I took a cream pashmina but didn't wear it at all. Far too hot even at 6pm (we married at 4)
Take a bottle of water for drinking by the church as it is very hot & there is little shade (the white reflects the heat too)
Simple plain court shoes (flatties to descend the steep pathway down to the chursh at St Pauls Bay as - if no-ones mentioned before - it is really steep & slippy!) No need for tights or stockings - far too hot .
Hi Greeklass

Thanks for all your tips, much appreciated. My dress is long with a tiny puddle train but it is floaty so hopefully not too hot!! Your dress sounded lovely.

Suz
I'm getting married in Lindos too - waiting for confirmation od date but will be w/c 14th August. We are stayign in Pefkos and are thinking of Hellas for our reception - but can anyone recommend anywhere else that may dress the tables up for us etc? we went to Pefkos last year so know our way around, thanks.
Hi Emma
from what i've been told many of the places in the area will do it for you as they are used to catering for wedding parties, are you waiting til you get there to book it?
I have friends getting married at st pauls bay in may. she is english ,and he is from sothern ireland. the local registry office has said they cant issue her with a certificate because she is marrying an irish man.Does anyone know if that is correct and what does she do about getting one.She is panicing terribly even thinking about cancelling the whole thing which would be a shame.HELP please.Thanks in advance shirl
Hi everyone

I've just joined this site cos I'm thinking of getting married in Lindos but a bit clueless really. I've been reading the brochures from Thomson, Thomas Cook, First Choice etc and they all say they can't tell you a date of when the wedding will be so please can someone let me in on how you have all booked your date and time and who with?

Cheers
Jo have you considders using an independent wedding organiser there are at least 2 in Lindos one long established and one only a couple of years old
due to terms and conditions i cannot personaly recommend any but if you goggle "lindos Weddings" in the inverted comer's they should come up

wizard
I think I'm going to wait until I get there - there are only about 10 of us max going so shouldn't be a problem. We quite like Hellas in Pefkos and also Terpsis - so think it might be one of those.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.