Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I was wondering if anyone had any info on the cost of using a boat or ferry after a wedding at St. Paul's Bay.

Does anyone have any ideas on costs, has anyone ever used one of these, what do they provide on board? Does nyone have any pics of these or know where I could get some?
Hi Sara,

I'm getting married at St Pauls chapel in September and have been following various threads on Holiday truths for sometime now and have read some marvellous advice here which has stood me and Fiancee in good stead.

Your post however leaves me a little confused and concerned, I've noticed before that you have called yourself a Wedding Planner working on Rhodes. If thats the case how can you not know about the boat trips from St Pauls after the Weddings there. There have been several threads on the subject over the last few months, one of which enabled us to book our Champagne cruise for our Wedding. It seem's that ther are a small number of inexperienced people trying to pass themselves off as competent professionals at other peoples(in this case couples trying to arrange their dream Wedding) expense. For me this has been one of the most telling posts I've ever seen on here, Holiday truths indeed!!

I would urge anyone thinking of getting married in Rhodes, or anywhere else for that matter, to research thoroughly. You could end up entrusting your Wedding day and your money to an out and out chancer.

Shame on you!

Paula
Points taken, however I am asking for some info, what is going on out there, what people are being offered!

Doesn't mean I have none of this info myself!

Lets call it market research!

I completely agree with you on researching before booking, however in my opinion it is the established tour operators that take advantage of the client rather than the Wedding planners situated on the island!

Don't jump to conclusions, I only wantd some opinions on these boats, as inmy experience most people are very unhappy with what they get presented with!
Have to agree Paula O. I hope you have a lovely wedding day and a long and happy future together.
Hello All,

We married in Lindos and used the services of a Licensed Wedding planner. By law all companies or individuals offering services for a fee have to be licensed in Greece. Therefore anyone offering to arrange a wedding for a customer is breaking the law if they are operating without one, this could have far reaching consequences for anyone booking with such a person/company.

Sara, do you have a license? I'm curious.
I take then Sara that tour silence speaks volumes. This is very sad, a lot of people put their faith in this site and the wide variety of regular contributors that make Holiday Truths the goldmine of information that it is. It is, in my opinion, the perfect place to find out the lowdown on all aspects of travelling abroad be it for a Wedding or for a summer holiday.

It is obvious however that certain companies and individuals have 'Hijacked' various threads in order to advertise their own services. By all means, if we are in possession of knowledge regarding questions put here in relation to suppliers of all kinds, then we should help to spread that knowledge amongst the wider community. But to cynicaly use this valuable website in such a way is a shame.

My congratulations to you Paula O for highlighting this. Maybe this subject deserves apost of it's own?

Good luck to you all marrying in Rhodes, it's a wonderful place to do it. But I suggest that you do you research thoroughly and entrust your wedding day to a Bone Fide company.

Alan
Interestingly enough Sara does work for a licensed company. She has lived on the island all her life and knows as much if not more about Rhodes than any person working in tourism on the island. She knows a prodigious number of people who act as suppliers for her events, including weddings and as a local person, can get things done that others can only dream of.
She has been event planning since she arranged her first event, alone at 15 years old.
She has grown up in and around yachts in Rhodes and has access to information about all of the yachts available in the Mediterranean. She of course knows the boats in Lindos but was trying to elicit a response by those who have used them and to see precisely what end users were being charged. This was for a very specific reason other than her own enlightenment.

So you cannot infer as you have so joyously, that her silence speaks the language you wished that it did.

The shame is on you!
Hello,

I'm puzzled, if thats the case why hasn't Sara replied herself. She is normally very quick to respond on this forum and if there were questions or comments here that she would feel the need to respond to I would have imagined she'd reply very quickly. Also you seem to know a lot about her and her motives.

Incidentally, if she knows so much about ALL the boats available why would she be asking for somebody else's photographs?

Are you Sara 'new user'?

Alan
Hmmm, have to agree with AJStranger. A new poster answering for Sara and no location given, odd. :roll:
Hi all,

Thank's Anne, I don't mean to attack anyone on a personal level here but this whole thread stinks somewhat. As I stated in my earlier post, it appears that a few 'posters' don't seem to be adhering to the principles of this site.

Alan
hi to you,

in many cases members bend the rules , we do our best to keep things under control, BE Assured we are watching

wizard
Hello
Aother New User here, this has been a very intereting thread, a real eye-opener. I notice that once again there is no reply from either sara or RLP. I'm planning to marry in lindos in 2006 and this has helped me a great deal.... :shock:
Hello Binthere,

Good luck with your wedding preparations, we were married in Lindos last year and had a wonderful wedding.

I notice from another of your posts that you have decided to go with the same company whom we employed to plan our wedding day( I won't mention the name here, this is a very dubious thread and they don't deserve to be named on it) and I'm sure they will do you proud. It's good to know that people do use 'Holiday Truths' for the purpose for which it's meant and not just for advertising themselves. I'm sure that if you need anymore advice you'll find it here somewhere.

Good luck and enjoy your day!!

Alan.
This thread has made very interesting reading for me as my partner and I want to get married abroad and we had Lindos or Florida as our choices, we are holidaying in Lindos from 21st sept for a week to check out the area and poss venues and planners.
I would greatly appreciate any feed back and suggestions.
Thanks to all the people who have brought the pitfalls to my attention.
I'm a new user to this site and I have found it very informative and honest.
Thanks
Paul
New User...

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just back from our wedding in Lindos we used Lindos weddings they were fantastic they did everything their end and also kept us up to date with what we needed to do this end they even sorted things out for us that werent anything to do with the wedding I cant praise them enough. They are brilliant people and so friendly. They are based in Kent in the winter and will visit u in England to discuss what you want. You can contact them at Love@Lindosweddings.com their website is http://www.Lindosweddings.com Give them a try you wont be dissapointed.
if anyone wants to contact me about getting married in Lindos im only to happy to help where i can i arrived at the bay in a boat then us and our guests went on a champagne cruise after the wedding it was fantastic and very memorable.
New User...

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just back from our wedding in Lindos we used Lindos weddings they were fantastic they did everything their end and also kept us up to date with what we needed to do this end they even sorted things out for us that werent anything to do with the wedding I cant praise them enough. They are brilliant people and so friendly. They are based in Kent in the winter and will visit u in England to discuss what you want. You can contact them at Love@Lindosweddings.com their website is http://www.Lindosweddings.com Give them a try you wont be dissapointed.
if anyone wants to contact me about getting married in Lindos im only to happy to help where i can Leighforty@hotmail.com
Congratulations to you !
We did it in 2001 at St Pauls Bay and looking at that website brought back lots of memories.
Forgot to say for anyone that is getting married in St Pauls bay the crane has gone now so no more ruined photos luckily for us it was removed just before we went out there
Hi Ozpants,

We're on holiday in Lindos at the moment and saw karen from Lindos Weddings yesterday afternoon. She told us that she is happy to see peolple prior to them choosing their final destination for the Wedding, why don't you get in touch with her. She took care of our Wedding and did a very good job.

If you speak to her please tell her Alan recommended her!!

Alan.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.