Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello

We've now booked our Cruise for next year!! :D thanks to this thread. Thank you all for your advice,very happy :D :D :D
Glad to hear you booked the boat bin you wont regret it it makes the wedding that little bit more special
Hi there Alan and leighforty
We are getting married in Lindos next May and are thinking of using Lindos Weddings. Have just been browsing your posts, and they seems really positive - any further comments you have will certainly help us to decide they are indeed a reputable company, and the one to opt for....I look forward to hearing from you (PS we are seriously considering the champagne cruise after teh ceremony - it sounds fab!) claire
Hello Claire,

Sorry it's taken a while for me to get back to you. We are still in Lindos on holiday at the moment and consequently I haven't been checking my emails or other internet bits and bobs as regularly as I normally do.

I'm sure you have made the right choice choosing Karen to help organise your Wedding. I must admit that both her and her husband Laurence have become good friends of ours since we used them last year so I'll try and write this report as dispassionatly as I can.

As I have said before we were very happy with the service they provided for us, and it seems that this year they have only improved on what they do. We have been spending most of our days down on St Pauls beach and have seen a couple of the weddings they have done over the last 10 days. One new thing for this year is the Brides arrival on a boat, absolutely fantastic!! what a stylish entrance. I think it's touches like this that make the difference between using a professional, dedicated wedding planner as opposed to one of the 'Reps' from the big tour operators. The general feeling in Lindos seems to be that these so called 'wedding planners' offer a very much second rate service. Each one has their own favourite Restaurants that they recommend as reception venues (it doesn't take a genius to work out why!!) and one even uses her boyfriend as a Photographer for her weddings. I know none of this is new, it's the reason we chose an independant company in the first place, but I do think more people should be made aware of it. Getting married is one of the biggest, most important days of your life. To have it done in an amateurish fashion but at professional prices is a big mistake.

Also, briefly touching on a subject also covered in this thread, it's vital that whoever you chose you have to ensure that they hold a valid license to operate. I mentioned this thread to Laurence a few days ago and he assured me that all their licenses are in place and up to date. I won't dwell on this too much, enough has been said already but at least you know that this side of things is all legal and above board.

The Beach is calling me Claire.....lol. I do hope this reply helps, I have tried to be as fair and honest as I can. I'm obviously very happy to recommend Lindos Weddings and I'm sure that if you do decide to use them they will certainly bear our my confidence in them.

We are here until Wednesday, if there is anything else I can help you with in time we have left get in touch and I'll see what I can do.

Alan
Yes AJStranger I would agree whole heartedly with your comment :
" the difference between using a professional, dedicated wedding planner as opposed to one of the 'Reps' from the big tour operators "

as I have said previously... we booked with 'a tour company' and recieved an abysmal service. They relieved us of our money and then didn't deliver the goods ! The co-ordinator was more interested in selling trips to other holidaymakers than helping organise the most important day of our lives and if it hadn't been for the support from our hotel staff , friends in Haraki and in Lindos I'm not sure how I would have managed.
As a final insult, included in the price was a bottle of champagne which never materialised and the co-ordinator stated she had delivered it to the hotel and the reception staff "must have stolen it !! " this we knew to be untrue since she didn't retuirn to our hotel - and we certainly didn't want her at our reception!
Eventually on our return after many letters back & forth we recieved an apology letter which really did not acknowledge their shortfalls.
Anyhow I will echo AJs comments - make sure you book with a proper , registered, local co-ordinator and have a truly brilliant time.
Thank you Alan, your comments are very reassuring.
Claire :D
We came out to Rhodes last week to attend my cousins wedding and with the idea of looking into marrying here ourselfs next year. At the moment we wouldn't book anything through a holiday company. The wedding day was changed twice and the girl organising(?) the wedding couldn't give any of us a time to be at the chapel. We were told 'be there between 5 and 6'. The bride was a bag of nerves by the time she was asked to come down the hill. The chapel was not decorated at all, we watched another wedding that had loads of flowers that really made the place look nice and then we stood there and watched everything taken away before my cousins ceremony took place. The company, I won't mention the name, only seemed to want everything done and out of the way as soon as possible. Really disappointed.
We have not decided yet if we will marry in Crete or Rhodes. But we have decided that if we do we will sort out a local company or try to do it all ourselfs.
Hi, this is my first post! I've been reading with interest about the shortfalls of tour rep wedding co-ordinators. Me and my fiance have booked our wedding and honeymoon with a well known company for May 2006 in Lindos and I am getting extremley worried now that we have done the wrong thing. If anyone has had any good experience with (am I allowed to say the company? Oh well here goes)Thomas Cook, please put my mind at rest. We choose them over other tour companies because their wedding department seemed more clued up than others when we approached them with our list of extensive questions!! I am anxious though that we cannot have contact with the wedding co-ordinator via e-mail and will not beable to finalise alot of details until last minute. Maybe this is a good thing, then I won't beable to spend lots of money on fireworks/cruises etc. We just want a stress free day with our loved ones around us in a sunny beautiful place. I hasten to add we are not push overs and can see a scam from far away, but all this negativity is putting a downer on it. Please please please someone put my mind at rest.
Thanks
You're getting married in a beautiful place, the weather will be lovely and I'm sure all will work out well for you. Don't worry, the Greeks are so laid back, take a leaf out of their book! Hope that helps. Anne
Thanks Anne for your calming words! I'm sure it will be fine. I keep reminding myself that people are far more likely to post comments about bad experiences than good.
twigster don't worry our bad experience was not with Thomas Cook!
My husband and I have just returned from our wedding and we used a major tour operator which has not been mentioned on this site. The service we had was exceptional and we were not forced or pushed into anything we did not want. I had constant contact with our wedding planner via e-mail and she answered all of my questions quickly and they did not differ once we arrived in Lindos. It truly was a fantastic day and the dvd of the wedding is of superb quality, along with the pictures. I understand the worry people must have as I was the same after reading certain threads but I hope I have put some minds at rest.
Hi, I'd like to pick your brains if thats ok! You all seem to know quite alot about this stuff, we are planning on getting married in rhodes next year and were going to book with first choice, but after reading some of these posts i will look into a seperate wedding planner. What i wanted to know was the length of time we need to spend there, i read that you have to be resident for 4 days to get married, but was told by first choice that if i want to use their wedding package we have to book a 2 week holiday. As we are going to the maldives for 2 weeks after for honeymoon we only wanted to spend a week in rhodes, does anyone know if this is possible? We chose Rhodes because it is close enough for all the family to be able to afford to come, if we do have to spend 2 weeks there, that will mean spending 4 weeks away in total, which isnt really possible for us.
Hi
Cathryn
We are getting married in Lindos next year and we are using a wedding planner who comes well recommended in the thread (Karen) you can find details at lindosweddings.com or email her at love@lindosweddings.com.
You have to be in Rhodes 5 days before you marry i.e. arrive on wed marry on the mon.
If you have,nt booked your wedding package yet contact Karen you won't be disappointed.
Paul
Hello

We were in Lindos just over a week before we got married. We got married on a Friday as we wanted the guests coming for a week to settle in before the wedding. The only downfall with a Friday was the Mayors office wasnt open for us to go and get ours docs on the Saturday or Sunday so it was Monday before everything was completed. I would check if weddings take place on a weekend too as if you do only go for a week, depending on what day you fly will depend at what day the wedding takes place and if it fell on a Friday you would have to be there longer than a week. We didnt use the tour company which is mentioned in this thread but did use a tour operator. We really enjoyed our wedding day and the service we had was fab. Everything went really smoothly with no complaints at all. I would hope that whoever you do choose to arrange your wedding will make it the most special day ever! Good Luck.
Thanks for that, seems i might be better to look at staying 10 days rather than 7, we definitely don't want 14 tho, i have emailed Karen today so hopefully will hear back soon, thanks again for all your help. xx
Hi all

Some very good friends of mine are getting married in Lindos next May and as bridesmaid I'll be organising the hen night. How to organise a hen night from 4,000 miles away??? (the distance is a guess).

I think we're after a boat tour followed by Greek food, booze, lots of music and dancing and laughs. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Someone has mentionned a place called Mimakos as a starting point but I'm really struggling after that. The guide books I've flicked through haven't offered much inspiration.

Any suggestions would be overly gratefully received!

Thanks
There's no real 'booze cruise' type boat trips from Lindos but you can do a Lazy Day Cruise.
Have you thought about booking a Greek Night? You can book with any of the agents in resort and they'll include transport to and from Lindos. A Greek Night includes food, traditional greek music and dancing that you can join in with, plus as much house wine as you can drink (ok it's pretty harsh stuff but after the first glass or two who cares?!).
A Lazy Day boat trip sounds ideal - is that a company's name? A booze cruise would end in disaster I'm sure - we'd all be passed out by mid afternoon.

A greek night would be perfect too but I didn't have a clue on where to start to organise it. It never occured to me that there would be agents in the resort, although given that weddings are quite popular there I suppose if there weren't any agents there'd be a whopping great hole in the market. I'll relax a bit more about this now and wait till we get there.

Cheers Marcuschap, I'm overly grateful!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.