Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hey Claire :)

Ta very much!! oh it was great you have def chosen the best place to marry.. i have been going to rhodes for the last 3 years and will def be returning for many more.. just use the anniversary as an excuse!!!

The champagne boat cruise was booked through the wedding planner for 1hr boat cruise around the bay of lindos it was 385euros and for me to arrive to st pauls by boat it was 130euros.. on the cruise you bring with you a CD which they will play for you these were songs that myself and hubby had put together songs that meant something to us.. so it was lovely sailing round the bay listening to the music sipping on our champagne really got everyone in the mood.. all of the family really enjoyed it.. plus i done the speeches on the boat (sorry them men done the speeches on the boat!!) any more questions just ask!!

P.S it wont be long going in i remember this time last year the whole build up to it and now its all over.. make sure you enjoy every minute of it as it goes by in a flash!!

Lynsay
xoxo
Hello there to tamethedame
Just a quick message to let you know you get married the day before me how exciting. Do you have many people coming out there with you, bet you cant wait i know i cant.
Hello to everyone else will catch up with you all again soon i am off to have a peek at the other members wedding photos.

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

I'm not getting married til next October - is it this year you're going? Lucky you! I'm excited already! We're off over there this year for a holiday so meeting up with our wedding planner and having a look round the venues etc. Can't wait - there are so many things I want to ask about!

We're hoping to have around 20 people come out for the wedding, then will have a party when we get back. What about yourself?

xx
Hi Lynsay,
Your pictures look amazing, you all look like you had a fantastic day. Congratulations.

Welcome to the forum tamethedame, I have booked the beach platform for after our service. We get married at 7pm so I am hoping that we can sip champagne and watch the sun set. I liked the idea of the platform as there is no rush we generally dont eat intill nine oclock when on holiday so its perfect timing really. I will let you know if this was the case.
Mrs Hayhurst welcome home cant wait to read all about it. Congratulations.
I will be on my way two weeks today and im feeling a bit fed up, the weather is so miserable in Scotland that i just cant wait to get to the sunshine and relax for a few days before the big day.
Take care all Tanya x :(
Hi Tanya,

Two weeks eh? It'll fly in!! I know what you mean about the Scottish weather though! We're supposed to be having a patio laid & the work's already 2 weeks overdue because of all that rain! Oh well! Can I just be a bit nosey/cheeky and ask how much you were to book the beach platform? I really like the look of that and I think the guests go down whilst you have your pictures taken? Our wedding takes place at 6.30pm, however we're getting married at the beginning of October. From memory, the last time we were there in October, it didn't start getting dark til after 7pm - I'll have to pay attention to that when we're over this year - don't want to be getting wed in the dark!

Tammy x
Hi Tammy,
Im not sure which wedding planner you are using. If it is Lindos Weddings there is no charge as such we have ordered a couple of bottles of champagne. It is one of Karens friends who owns the platform.
I think having the planners in Rhodes makes a big difference, there is so much less stress (its my second and final time round). Plus you can generally get the date you want and you know straight away.
I went for my dress fitting yesterday and it still fells so sureal.
Fingers crossed it will stop raining long enough to get the garden done.
Take care Tanya x
Hi Tanya,

Yes, it's Lindos Weddings we're using so it's good to know we'll have the use of the platform to get everyone in the mood before the reception!

It is great having the planner. I had a couple of questions to ask Karen through the week and had a reply almost straight away! She certainly knows how to put your mind at rest. I've not got round to having a proper look at the legal paperwork stuff she sent a couple of weeks ago although it probably looks a lot scarier than it actually is!!

I've been looking at wedding dresses already! I've got about 10 of them in my 'favourites' but will probably change my mind a good half a dozen times by next year!!

Anyway, that's it pouring again outside! When will it end?? :(

Tammy x
Hi girls
Can someone please tell me about the beach platform. Can anyone use it and if not does it mean we wont be able to go on the beach to have photos taken. Sorry but i have not heard of this before but it does sound like a good idea to be able to use it for some drinks before the reception.
Tracy
Hi Girls,

We fly out in 6 days time and get married on 1st Sept and I can't wait! We have used Lindos Weddings who have been fantastic, I feel so relaxed about everything as I know we are in good hands.

We are having the beach platform after our 4.15pm ceremony as I get awful sea sickness so that ruled out the cruise. It is a decked area on St Pauls' Bay so bascially, after your ceremony and photos, you walk across the bay and onto the platform where you can have a champagne reception. We are using it from approx 5pm until 6/6.30pm. As said before, it is free to use but you do have to have some sort of drinks for you and your guests. We have gone for champagne and Pimms. You can take your own music to be played and also any decorations (we have gone for rose petals on the white tablecloths). I think it is a nice thing to do after the ceremony before we go off for our meal. If you go onto the Lindos Weddings website, I think there is a photo on there of the platform which should give you more of an idea of the setup.

Good luck to all future Lindos brides!

Emma x
Hi Emma where have you been hiding? lol
Its getting close now you must be getting really excited, im a complete bag of mush at the minute. I fly out on the 3rd so wont even get a sneaky peak. Are you all organised? I think we are pretty much sorted, im sure if we forget anything we can pick it up there.
Well good luck sweets and I am sure you will have the most amazing day.

Tammy when you try your dress on you will know its the right one, mine is really simple and light. I had a right good laugh. I had seen a dress on the internet and fell in love with it then when i tried it on it was hideous i fell about laughing i would have looked better in a potato sack honestly. But im delighted with the one i have.

Tracy I would think that the platform would be available to all couples as long as you order drinks. I would assume you could book with them direct if your not using Lindos Weddings after all they are running a business. Not sure how you would go about it though. Sorry if thats not much help but good luck.
Take care Tanya x
Hi Tanya,

I am pretty much organised now. I may have a slight panic on Monday/Tuesday, wondering if I have remebered to pack everything though! Are you sorted?

Where are you having your reception etc? We have gone for Arhontiko and Antika bar for afterwards.

Ooooh, getting rather excitied now!

Emma x
Hi Emma,
Were the same Arhontico the Antika, so if you can pop a wee post on to let me know how it was.
Im pretty much sorted on saying that ive still to get pants, TMI i know. So once ive got them thats me sorted. Should get my dress back beginning of next week so I think i will feel a bit more relaxed then.

Are you flying from Glasgow?

Just right another list haha. I did my final list of things to get and went on saturday only trouble is h2b asked to see list and left it in the Coffee shop, so that was that. Bit concerned he might forget to go to chapel! lol
Im sure you will have everything and you will be torturing yourself for nothing, I know I am. What are we like eh!
Tanya x
Hi Tanya,

If I get to a computer out there I shall def. let you know how we get on! When do you fly? We are going from Gatwick as we live in London.

Are you having a first dance song at Antika?

Funnily enough, I was only saying the other day how my only concern is that my other half gets to the chapel on time! He is always late and so disorganised!!

Emma x

P.S. Where are you staying in Lindos?
Hia Emma
I assumed as you were flying mid week that it was Glasgow. We can only fly on a Wednesday from Scotland.
We have made up a CD for the Beach Platform and possibly for Antika but not sure if we are having a first dance or not, ive not actually given it any thought oh god something else to stress about. :yikes
We have booked a Villa in Kalathos which is five mins away, we stayed there last year its a tiny wee village but we like it. Weve got my dad and his partner and two of our friends staying at the villa with us the first week. We have booked the Atrium Palace for our wedding night.
Im sure he will manage to be on time just this once specially for you. He has to be there half an hour before you anyway so at least he has some leeway. Fingers crossed lol
Where are you staying?
Tanya x
Hey Tanya and Emma

I bet your both soooooo excited. Just want to say good luck to the both of you ill be thinking of you.

Claire
xxxxxx
Hi Tanya,

What is the set-up with music at Antika? I just assumed the DJ would play? I love a bit of music and I always end up dancing...I think it makes an evening if the music is good. One of the main reasons we chose Antika was because it seems quite lively with a good atmosphere. It looks lovely too...

We are staying at the Lindos View. We have 2 young boys (aged 3 & 6) and wanted somewhere that seemed child friendly (it has a kids club which has just opened). We have approx 35 guests and a lot of these of children so hopefully all will be OK!? Do you have many going out for your wedding?

Emma x

P.S. Thanks for the best wishes Claire!!
Hi Emma,

The Lindos View looks lovely im sure it will be great.

I think they play music at Antika I think its just if you have any specific song you want you should take it with you rather than be disappointed.

Thats me just had my make-up and manicure appointments confirmed so one less thing to worry about.

We have ten guests coming and no children so only adults to control, i think possibly children would be easier as some of our guests still think they are kids. It will be a good laugh though.

Thanks for the best wishes Claire.

Take Care all Tanya x
Hello everyone
I am a wedding planner for Lindos (independent). I am not going to plug my business here but I am prepared to answer questions for you free of charge if you wish. I am a bit worried about the bad press we are getting in general. :-(
It would seem that a lot of you are under a misconstrude about the service you get from holiday companies and the service and special attention we as independents can offer and how impersonal the companies are. We have the time to tend to you in person, all the time not just when we are not seeing 50 other people about their holiday problems, that is the difference. I saw in one of the messages on this forum that someone was pleased with themselves that they are paying £199 for a wedding - do not be fooled, you will not get much for that, and you certainly will not know when your wedding is or if it is confirmed at least until you get to Lindos. And no contact with a wedding co-ordinator until you get to Lindos either, only a person who works in Thomas Cook / First Choice head office who does not even know where Lindos is.
If you would like to talk to people we have dealt with please contact me and I will put you in touch with them with pleasure, or if you would like us to answer some questions for you just ask we will answer them truthfully and free of charge.

Regards

Richard123
Hi Richard

I would really appreciate it if you could tell me how much i would be looking to pay to hire the wine cruise after my wedding?

We have booked with Thomas Cook and like you say dont have a clue what we are going to be paying for things.

Thanks
Claire
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.