Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I am trying to post a link via photobox with my wedding photos on but when I do, it says I have not posted enough messages for me to be able to do so!? Any help would be appreciated.

Emma x
Hi Girls,

Maybe this will work...

w w w . photobox . co . uk/album/67174421

Emma x
Hi girls
I have finally recieved my tickets after a battle with first choice just waiting for the rest of the guests tickets now.
Well only a week to go now so i hope everything stays alright and no one else goes bust.
Had a look at emmas photos and they are great and emma you looked stunning congratulations. It looked like you had a fantastic day.
Starting to have nightmares, in the last one the photographer never turned up on the day and i spent the day crying so i am going to email everyone the day before i leave to make sure they will be there to meet me when i arive.
Anyway how is everyone else doing anymore wedding day reports to come in yet or anymore info about wedding extras and arrangements.
Speak to you all again before i go and hopefully with no bad news.
Tracy
hi tracy,so glad the panic is over...i am so excited for you right now....just think...2 weeks and hey...a mrs like the rest of us!!!! you're so gonna have a fab time over there...if i can manage to sort out my photos i will get them on for you to see before you go.what day do you fly out...and what date again r u getting married??? sorry...i should no...im so rubbish at the minute.spek soon,love sue :cheers
Hey Ladies

Hows everyone doing??? Just got back from a weeks holiday in France with the parents in law to be, weather was absolutely georg!!!

Emma you look absolutely stunning on your pictures, congratulations!!

Thanks Sue for your advise, get them pics on though, lol!!

And finally Tracy, not long to go now, glad you have sorted out your tickets. Hope you get the others sorted too.......

8 months to go for me, i cannot wait!!!

Claire xxx
Hi Sue
Can you help me. When i booked my holiday i was told i would have an extra 5kg of luggage as it was a wedding booking. I then enquired about taking my dress on board and i was told yes i could use that as my extra weight allowance. So i thought i could box my dress up with accessories and i could also take some hand luggage so i keep all the documents and passports in there. I phoned thomsonfly this evening to just check and now i am told i can only take one item of hand luggage and there is nothing i can do. I am so stressed as i am sure we were charged for the extra 5kg i did phone first choice and asked to speak to the person who bookd it but as usual i have had no reply. Can you remember what your allowance was and what did you take on the plane with you.
To anyone out there who is looking to book there wedding with first choice dont they are usless.

Tracy
hi tracy...we just had the usual 20kg weight,which i thought was standard...but when all my family members booked they were only given 15kg!!!....now....we wernt told we had been given any extra luggage allowance..and we certainly didnt pay for it either....i would do a double check with f/c...i seem to recall that somewhere in all the wedding documentsthat we were sent from fc weddings that it says you dont get any extra alowance for wedding luggage....cos i remember having a massive panic about it!!!i bought a carlton suitcase....one of those good quality hard cases. had all the wedding stuff in there and when i put it through check in i told them what was in it...the told me to take it to another desk where it is put through as fragile...it goes on the plane last and comes off first....no charge......everything was fine..it arived at rhodes...to my utter relief!!! it will be fine..dont worry...but double check the weight allowance...and check what weight alloction is on your tickets too....love sue
Hi girls
Firstly thanks for that reply sue will get onto it and get it sorted. Had a phone call from fc at work today to tell me that the iberostar has closed down. We are frantically trying to sort out accomodation for all 20 of us. Th eonly place they have at the moment is 8 miles away. I am stressing big time and i only have 4 days til i go .
Hey Tracey

Nooooo way!!! :yikes How long is it until you go now? Im so sorry to hear that the hotel has closed down, my thoughts are with you. Just try not to get too stressed about it, im sure it will be ok. Everything always works out in the end.

Chin up

Claire xx
Hello Trowlands
I was talking to a wedding planner in Lindos just 2 days ago he is still there maybe he can help you with the accommodation problem. His email address is **removed** tell him your problem and he will help you. There are loads of available rooms and hotels etc all over the Lindos area that can be booked with a phone call or email especially if you out there and know the local demographics.

Good Luck

Richard are you sure thats not your email :wink
Please compy with the t&c of the site - the email has been removed as per those terms. Admin
hi tracy....oh my god!!!!! i cant believe that...what the heck has happened??? have they said why....i really hope you get sorted out and i really hope fc are helping you!!! please keep me posted and let me know how you get on,love sue
Hi everyone
Just to give you all a quick update on how things are going. We have been found a hotel by fc and it is and upgraded hotel on our original. The down side is we are now 8 miles away from Lindos and we made a big fuss over this. So we have been promised that fc will pay for all of the transfers for us all on the day of the wedding into Lindos and back to the hotel in the evening. We have all had our rooms upgraded and we will all recieve compensation when we get back. I feel what we have been offered is fair and we seem to be better located than before for getting to other areas on the island. It all happened at short notice though and i think i spent all day at work in shock as that is where they phoned me.
Anyway i fly out saturday evening i cant believe it is nearly here.
Thanks for all of your support and words of encouragement.
Will speak to you all when i get back.

Tracy
Good luck for your wedding Tracy. Glad you are sorted.

Kath x
Hey Tracy

Nice one on getting things sorted, and good luck for your wedding!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see your pics

Claire xxxxx :tup
I can't believe the Iberostar has closed down! We were only there a couple of weeks ago! The website is all still up and running...very odd. Any idea why it has shut?

Emma x
Good luck Tracy - I am sure everything will be perfect in the end and you will have a wonderful wedding day.
Hello
Just a quick reply about the iberostar i was told by fc it had shut but when i emailed my photographer who is out in Lindos they knew nothing about this. When i asked fc why it had closed they were very quiet about it saying we dont know. It all sounds very strange to me but i dont care this time tomorrow i will be on my way.

Tracy
hi tracy...i am so glad that you have managed to get an upgrade......i think its a bit strange too...but hey...its all done now...you can fly off tomorrow and hopefully relax!!! i am writing now as may not get the chance tomorrow...so...have a fab time...i promise you that you will have the most amazing day and all the little stresses(well..big ones actually) will seem a million miles away.once you are in resort you will be sooooo excited.well...just one thing really...remember....enjoy the day.....so much is happening and can get a little hectic but just take a step back and take it all in....happy times,cant wait to hear from you when you get back(not that im wishing your time way...well,...actually..yes i am!!) take care and speak soon love from sue xxx
Hey Ladies

How is everyone going?? Just thought id give you a little update on my wedding planning ;) my shoes have finally arrived and fit like a glove and ordered the card etc for my invites, yey!!! Started the big slim too, 1 stone to loose in 8 months, think i should be able to manage that :think

Claire
xxxxxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.