Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Welcome back tamethedame

Great to hear you had a good hols - and such a fantastic opportunity to do some advance research! Your comments are really helpful. Ive been to Lindos before, but didnt actually go down to St Paul's Bay (we hadnt decided to get married there at that point).

I am thinking of hiring the beach platform it looks amazing. I am just waiting for my consultation date and then get further details and an idea on prices etc. Do you have to walk across the beach to reach it then? I havent even begun to think about a dress and shoes yet!

Def agree about the UK ripping you off - mention the 'wedding' word and prices immediately double!
Dear Waggess,

We hired the beach platform for our wedding back in September and yes, you do have to walk across the beach. Don't let this put you off though as this was my best part of the whole day! After we made our way down the chapel steps my new husband scooped me up and carried me across the bay which then made everyone on the beach stop what they were doing, stand up and clapped us all the way across - it was fantastic!!

If you couldn't do this, I would imagine you would need to certainly lift your dress up to stop it getting dirty and maybe slip into a pair of flipflops so as you don't sink into the sand!

Once over at the platform you have your pre-ordered drinks and strawberrys waiting for you, all beautifully presented on white tablecloths and little lanterns. The only downside is that it is still open to the general public so you will get people in their bikinis etc coming up for drinks and food but this didn't spoil it for us in anyway.

Good luck for your future wedding - St Paul's is a truly stunning place!

Emma x
Hello everybody
Just a qick post to let you no i have arrived back in England. We had a wonderful day and the location and weather couldnt have been better. I had a suprise visitor waiting for me when i arrived at the chapel a member of the family that i wasnt expecting which also made the day even more special.
I am still finding it hard to get used to using my new surname but i am sure it will come in time. I will speak to you all again when i have finished making all of the phone calls, thankyou cards and visits to show offf the photos and dvd.

Tracy
hi tracy....welcome back "mrs"!!!! so glad you had a good day..i cant wait to hear all about it....congratulations to you both...speak soon...love sue xx
Thanks for the info about the platform dennyronnie. I definately want to do that if possible. It sounds perfect and the thought of being carried across the beach is lovely. Not sure if it will be possible though as H2B did his back in a couple of weeks ago (just days before we went on holiday to Cyprus), so not sure if I will be risking that!

Tracy, cant wait to hear more about your day. Congratulations!
hi girls..hope you are all well,i know i havnt been on for ages...hope all the plans are coming along....i have a question for anyone who has just got married and havn't had the wedding certificate changed into english....how do you go about it????... we didnt have it translated in rhodes....now i have beeb told that it isnt a solicitor that i need...but a translator...and they will also certify it.....is this right??? does anyone know????? im opening abottle of wine now...bye byexxxxx
Hi Miss P, If you pm me your email I can give you details of the woman I used, its somple nothing to stress about. I just got mine back today.
Hope everyone elses plans are coming along ok, the time will just fly in.
Hey

Its been very quiet on here!! Where has everyone been??? Ive FINALLY got my wedding date through, 14th May 2009 :D i cannot wait now. On with the invites now, he he

xxx
hi claire...ao glad you now have your date for the wedding..it kinda makes it real when you get it dont you think??? how are the plans coming along?? hope everything is ok,dont forget to ask if you need anything...any more info.if i can be of help just ask.

little question for tracy....i know you are still in holiday honeymoon mode but need to ask....did you manage to find out what had happened to the iberostar??...had it closed down or not..love sue xx
ooohh...and a p.s for bubs...did you get my pm???? never done it before so wasn't sure if i did it right or not???? xx
Hi Sue and everyone else
Yes i am still in honeymoon mode. I am still trying to get round everyone to show them the photos and the dvd slideshow, its all for my own benefit though i just love to show the photos off to anyone who will look. In fact everything about the whole day was great and everyone had a wonderful time. Just wish i was back there now, so claire could we all have invites to your wedding i have an excuse then for some time off from work.
I keep telling my husband ( sounds strange still forget to say it at times) we can go and renew our vows every year if he likes. Yes he thinks i am mad.
Anyway back to the question in hand yes i did find out about the iberostar. We had a car for a few days so we went out and about and we went there to have a look around, very nice too. Apparently the season has been quieter than normal so they were closing the hotel at what would have been the start of our second week so they decided to put us somewhere else for all of the holiday which by the way was very nice too. Our only disappointment was with the location of the hotel we were about 25 miles away from Lindos and not 8 miles as we were told by first choice. I only wanted to be closer to Lindos as it is such a beautiful place and the views are stunning. We got to visit there a few times in any case so we all can definitly say it was our best holiday ever.
Speak to you all again soon
Tracy
Your alllllll invited to the wedding, he he he.

Where are your pics on here though Tracy, im dying to see them :D

Claire xx
Careful what you say Claire------------I for one will be on Rhodes at that time!!!!!!!! ;)
ooooohhhh claire thats so very kind of you....mmmm...now what to wear????...tanya,thanks for the info on the certificate translation.will try to phone her this weekend(although..hubby taking me to manchester for some "quality time"!!!)...and get it organised....hope everyones plans are on track,speak soon,love sue xx
Right ladies i could do with your help please ;)

me and hubby2b have decided to try and book our reception before we go out there so does any of you have any recomendations as to where we could go? Also do you know if they have a website??

Thanks
Claire
Hi, Haven't been on for a while but love reading all about everyone's wedding plans. I found this site a great help when I was planning my wedding at St Pauls last year. I booked our reception before we went, We booked the lindian House Bar and can't recomend it enough but everywhere in lindos is spectacular! It really all depends what you are looking for, I e-mailed about 10 and they all sent me sample menus etc and then I choose what we wanted from them. A good site is gotorhodes.com. Also you can contact the lindian House Bar at lindoswedding.gr Dee is lovley and very helpful. Hope this gives you some ideas Claire and good luck with everything. :)
hi claire....its a good idea to get some reviews on places beforehand....thats what we did. we had our reception at nostalgia restaurant in pefkos...it was superb!!! i had some menus emailed to me a few months before to have a look at...but...we didn't actually book anything untill we got there...most places will let you book on arrival. we wanted to taste some of the foods first......having said that..on our first night we ate at nostalgia and new straight away we wanted our reception there....the food was so "yummy" ...that coming from me...the worlds fussiest(is that actually a word!!!) eater!!!! we didn't need or want to wait and try anywhere else. we spoke to mike the owner...he arranged to meet up with us a few days later and we decided on one of the menus that he had given to us.the table was all set up beautifully in a private section....lovely table centres to all provided by them. no fee either.....thet are the nicest people you could ever meet...nothing is too much for them..,.well...thats my little piece....but lots of the ladies on here have eaten elsewhere and have all said how lovely it was...its hard not knowing before you go but you've nothing to worry about by doing it....good luck,love sue
hi ladies...my god...it's been so quiet on here....are we all xmas shopping???i was wondering how all the plans are going??...somone .....please....anyone..... :wave:
hi...only a few month slate but..hey...i am trying to put my photos on from our wedding at stpauls on 12th aug....dont know how to...can anyone help......xxxxxxx.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.