Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Gosh its all been busy busy busy!!!!!!!

Where are they Sue??? Cant wait to see them, better late than never eh, ha ha :D

All weddings are go go go now, lol. 4 months tomorrow i fly out to Rhodes, aarrgghhh!!!!!

Got most things done now, just need the blokes clothes, rings & reception at home invites. Gonna sort everything else when we get out there. Im just not worrying about anything now, it will all work out.

Just emailed the local register office for info on what we need to do for our notice of impediment and went to see my dress at the weekend too, not seen it since June last year :(
The bridal shop says im due my first fitting at the beginning of March so cannot wait for that, im soooo excited.

Last year it felt like we had absolutely ages to wait but it has come around so so so fast. I am like a little kid at xmas, he he.

So far we have 26 guests booked but that is only family, there are potentially another 20 guests although we dont think they will all make it, prob about 8 or so.

How is everyone elses wedding plans coming along? And Sue how is married life treating you?

Im looking forward to our bleated honeymoon in vegas too next christmas & New Year, YEEEEEEYYY!!!

Claire xxxxx
Hi Everyone!! I posted a note on hear months ago and I am now all booked!

I decided on Lindos weddings to plan the day as I loved their personal touch and the fact everything can be booked in advance. I am getting married on the 18th Sept and 6.30(bit worried about this time, feel its too late)

I have the meeting in Cardiff this Sunday (11th Jan) has anyone on here used them and tell me what to expect? I am VERY excited!

It has been such a help and re-assurance reading all your posts thanks so much!!
Hi noonoo,

well you've picked the best wedding planners in Rhodes!

They organised my wedding October 2007 and they are fab!

I had my meeting with them in the January before my wedding and they went over absolutely everything. Are you meeting Karen?

Tell them your budget (they work on ALL budgets) and they can work from there. By the time you leave the meeting you'll have a rough idea of how much everything will cost you.

They'll also give you some order forms where you can fax over additional orders that you may want at a later date, or you can cancel some things using these forms too.

Anything I can help you with I will be more than happy.

Julie
xxx
Ahh thats great news Julie thanks! I am very glad I have chose them! Once of the things I love is that dispite the fact Karen prob deals with hundreds of brides she seems so excited for me and it feels genuine!

Did you have a reception in a roof top rest? This appeals to me. I have to order my flowers on Sunday when i meet Karen in Cardiff but I am unsure weather to get any for the reception or not As I am on a tight budget and I worried they will just wilt in the heat! (sept 18th is my wedding date) What did you do?

How did you arrive the ceromony? Did you use the beach platform or boat cruise?

Sorry so many questions!

Nicola xxx
Hi Nicola,

I know Karen has loads of brides to deal with, but she IS actually very genuine and gets really excited for you. :)

We had our reception at Lindos Memories Hotel, as there were about 32 of us. This gave us plenty of room for the Greek band and dancers. if you give me your email address I'll email you a link to my wedding website where you can have a look at my pics (dont think this thread allows links).

Regarding flowers: I took over silk flowers that a local florist made up for me and they turned out beautiful.

I arrived at the church with musicians (violinist & accordianist)...it was so lovely!

Are you getting the videographer? I would recommend this as its so nice to look back on.

Your big day will be well taken care of. I had about 3 or 4 wedding coordinators on my big day making sure everything went perfect at the church and reception venue. Just wish I could have it all again!

Julie
xxx
Hi Julie

Would you mind if i had a look at your wedding pictures? My email address is *** personal info removed******

Im going out to get married in May this year and CANT WAIT, yyyyeeeeeeyyyyy!!

claire xx

please use pm facility..wizard
Hey Claire and Nicola,

Ive sent you both a pm with my webisite for the pics.

xx
Hi Julie

Ive sent you a email with loads of questions on it, he he

Thank you for letting me see your pics

Claire

ps you look absolutely stunning!!
I am getting married in Rhodes in May this year and we are staying at Lindos Bay Hotel - Can anyone recommend a good photographer?
Ooooo im getting married in May too, what date? Have you decided where you are having your reception etc?

Cant recommend a photographer though, sorry, im using the one that comes with my Thomas Cook wedding package.

Maybe you could get in touch with some of the wedding planners that are listed on here and based in Lindos, they will probably be able to help you.

Claire xx
Not sure of the date yet waiting for them to confirm i want either 8th or 11th going out 2nd may.....what about you?
When do you find out the date? Who have you used for the wedding? We have gone with Thomas Cook and they confirmed the date at the beginning of October although we dont get the time of the wedding until we arrive in the resort. We are getting married on the 14th May and fly out on the 6th. I really cant wait :D When we booked it back in May last year it seemed like we had loads of time to get things sorted but its now the middle of January and there is sooooooooo much to get done, lol.

Claire xxx
We have booked with First Choice... but were orginally going to Cyprus but changed it yesterday as Rhodes is so much cheaper, so just waiting for them to get back to me with a date. Where are you staying?
Were staying at the Lindos Mare Hotel but none of our guests are so we can have the 2nd week as a honeymoon ;)
My family that is coming over with us are all staying at Lindos Gardens and my h2b's family have all booked a villa. Our friends that are coming are just staying where ever is cheapest for them but still in Lindos. So far there is about 20 that have booked with the possibility of another 8 so should be quite a lot of us. How many family/friends are coming with you?

xxx
There will be about 10/15 friends and family coming with us. Are you having a reception out there?
I sure am!! Just booked a restaurant that i found on the internet. If you do a search in google for lindos restaurant it brings loads of them up. We were going to book one through Thomas cook once we arrived in resort but when we phoned them up for a idea of price they quoted from 80 euros per person!!! Im guessing first choice will charge a stupid price like this too. The restaurant we are using charge between 20 and 30 euros per person for a 3 corse meal including some wine and a champange cocktail on arrival, plus exclusive use of the bar after our meal (because there is over 20 of us) and they will decorate the tables etc with my colour scheme. They will also sort out any entertainment that we want which will be extra but im guessing not as much as what the tour operator will charge

Claire xx
Excellent - thank you, just found a few and emailled them for some costs so fingers crossed!
Hi Everyone i got married in lindos last october and i do have a recommendation for a photographer if anyone wants to know send me a private email. They were brilliant with all of our photography and they are cheaper than the tour operators charges.
Also to all the girls that wanted to see my photos i have put them on a site for viewing pm for the details.

Tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.