Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Sue

Things are going really good thanks, how are you??

I cannot believe i fly out to get married in 9 weeks and 1 day and get married in 10 weeks and 2 days, yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! :D :cheers

Im so so so excited, lol. Everything has come together now, just need to sort out getting my hair and make up done out there but gonna worry about that when we are there.

Just a quick word to all of those of you that are planning your wedding in Rhodes, Thomas Cook have changed the way you do the legal docs (not sure if it has changed for everyone?!?). Now it is soooooooo much easier, all you have to do is get your notice of no impediment as normal then take a copy of your birth certificates and passports into the branch and that is it!! Everything is aparently done in resort now. We got the call the day before we were about to post them off to milton keynes so that was lucky, lol.

Hope everyone else is well and the plans are coming along, if any one needs any help on anything give me a shout!! (gosh it sounds strange saying that, i remember when it was me looking for advise from everyone, he he)

Claire xx
Hope everything goes well Claire....Im going to sons wedding in August and Im getting excited, Im mind hopping between excited and worried at the moment...concerned about the heat...could imagine May or June to be a lovely time to get wed in Rhodes....you can wear your make up ect...been told middle of Aug so hot wont be able to put make up on...I dont normaly go a nice colour either if I get tanned,and just get sick if I lay in sun anyway... live next to a nice beach was thinking of doing lots of walking on beach in the nice weather we hope to get this year...the colour I go will probably be better than nothing...and hoping waterproof mascarra , lipstick ,and a powder blusher will do...told will sweat too much for make up..................ps anyone any tips for a blusher that wont run if you sweat
Hey Tweetie Pie
I know what you mean about going a nice colour in the sun. I go bright red but not all over, just in big blotches :rofl it looks awful, lol. Gonna be sitting in the shade for the first week me thinks, either that or total sun block!! Im thinking of getting a spray tan before i go though as im very pale and dont want to look like a ghost next to all the guests, he he, but then again im worried that if i sweat (nice!!) then it will run on my dress, aarrgghhh decisions decisions!!

Cant help you on the blusher front, sorry :que . Ive just received a email from the Lindos Mare where we are staying confirming that they will do mine, my mums and my sisters hair and make up in their spa so im hoping they use aaalllllll waterproof.

xxxx
hi,claire...i can't belive how simple they have made it now with the legal documents..i'm sure you will remember that i very nearly had a nervous breakdown abot this back in may/june last year..nearly went completely grey in the process. that sounds so much better for brides getting married in the future...it definatley will take alot of stress out of the whole process....just a little note about the spray tan.just be careful what type of tan you go for. a customer of mine has a dry cleaners and when i mentioned to her that i thought of having one before i flew out she warned me not to have st tropez...(any of their tanning products) she said it is nigh on impossible to get it out of a wedding dress!!!!....that,along with the fact that i had a disasterous spray tan the april before for my sis in law wedding,i decided against it!!!...i just kept telling myself..pale is beautiful!! haha.
tweety pie...it is really really hot in rhodes...but i did wear make up on the day...it was 35 degrees at 5.45pm...phewwwwww...but i did makeup myself...used a good base and a little bronze for shimmer. i kept it vey simple...it stayed on well considering!!!
i used a local hair salon in pefkos,down near the beach.she did a lovely job and was much much more reasonable than booking through travel opp...good luck all,love sue xx
Hey everyone!!

Right ignore my post about the legal documents, i got it slightly wrong. You do still need to get them stamped at the Foreign Commenwelth office in Milton Keynes. Thomas Cook didnt tell me this so with only 7 weeks to go me and my h2b had to take a drive there last tuesday to get them stamped in person, im fuming at Thomas Cook, it was only because i was looking at another forum that i noticed we had done them wrong, they didnt contact us about it. The reson why.......the lady that does them is off sick so they have just been left on a pile on her desk!!!!! :( :que
That didnt help me one bit!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, all that said they FCO are very efficient. It took 5 hours to get there (we were stuck behind a rather large accident on the M1) and was only in there for about 40 mins. Went for some lunch then another 3 hours home. At least they are done now, gonna give TC a call in a couple of days to make sure everything has gone through ok.
Well im on a count down now!!!!!!! 7 weeks till we fly out and 8 weeks till the wedding, i cannot wait, so so so excited :D
Got everything sorted now apart from the blokes clothes which we are sorting this week. Ive been in touch with the Lindos Mare where we are staying and they do hair and make up in the hotel, booked the restaurant Byzantino for our reception and plan on having Greek Dancers and a disco after. We have 30 guests coming so far with the possibility of a few more...........
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPPIEEEEEEE!! :cheers
Claire
After a fabulous holiday in Rhodes last June we decided we wanted to get married on the Island in 200. However 5 weeks after getting back i found out we were expecting our 'Rhodes Baby', but we are now planning for 2010. :D

What wedding companies do you suggest? We fell in love with Kalithea Spa and have thought about there, as we were not sure if St Pauls Bay was a little too like a Cattle Market?? Ie you are rushed in and out amongst other Parties?

Also we may just be going as a couple, with our children and some witnesses, instead of a large group of friends and family. So then thought Kalithea Spa would be too big a venue :que

Any opinions and recommendations would be great. ;)

Thanks Beccy and Mark
Shirazzy
Contact Karen and Lawrence of Lindos weddings they are fantastic, My wife and I used them 2 years ago, read through the post's on here you will not be disappointed.
Hey people!!!

This forum is very very quiet at the moment. Thought id just drop a line to say im just packing up all my clothes and getting so so so excited about setting off to my wedding in Lindos on Wednesday! 2 more sleeps and i cannot wait :cheers

Had a bit of a stress earlier when the bridal shop called to say they couldnt fit my dress into my case :duh but panic over, its in now!

Thanks all for they help you have given me over the last year or so, ill post a report upon my return.

Smell you later :rofl

Claire xxxxxx
Wishing you all the very best Claire. I fly out on saturday and am looking forward to some sunshine. I hope your wedding is all you wish for----and more.
same from me claire....hope all your wishes come true :gluck to Ann too...and here's a litty ditty for you both

Your off to Rhodes
And at last getting wed
Youve posted on here,
Now enough been said
:fly
So off you go
Jump on the plane
The sun will shine
I dare it to rain
:sun
Youll have a great day
Precious words will be said
We'll wait for the news
You must post on this thread

:cheers
Hi Tweetie Pie
for Claire I second all you said
but I'm not going to be wed.
It's just a holiday for me
relaxing by the deep blue sea.
Some lovely food, a little drink
The days go faster than you think.
In august it'll be your turn,
plenty of sun screen DO NOT BURN! :wave:
hi claire...im sooooo sorry i havnt spoke to you before you fly off...should have had a quick chat on fb.if you get chance to log on before you get married i just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world chick...i cant believe that your day is here...it seems so long ago now since we first talked about it.......have a fantastic day...relax...and just enjoy every single moment..i know you will have a fabulous day...im so envious that youre there now...i loved it so much and although we are unable to get back in aug for our 1st ann as planned we will be back next year...i cant wait to hear from you when you get back but not gonna wish your tme away as every minute is so prescious there...take care...big hugs and congrats and speak when you get back...and maybe a sneaky peek at some pics too...lots of love sue xxxx
Hi Everyone

I am new here, I am trying to organise a wedding in Rhodes and found a few independant Wedding Co-ordinators in the end I decided to go with a company called Infinity Weddings, Lindos. But I haven't been able to find any information on anyone else using them since booking and am beginning to get increasingly concerned. :que

If you have used 'Infinity Weddings' of know anyone who has and have any feedback I would be interested good or bad.

Many thanks
Loopy2021
Hellllloooooooooooooooooo everyone, im back and finally a MRS!!!!!!! :D :D

What a absolutely fantastic place Lindos is. Everything about the wedding was perfect and i couldnt have planned it any better if i tried!! Even after the stress caused by thomas cook before we left england, once we were there the wedding co-ordinator couldnt have been any nicer, so if any of you have the pleasure of working with Louise Wild then you wont regret anything. Our wedding took place at 6.30pm which was perfect as the sun had just dipped behind the hills so it wasnt as hot, thank god. It was so nice to walk through the street of Lindos and have the locals clap as we walked through them, made us feel very special.

Our reception was held at Byzantino's which was the best night ever. We didnt use tc to book this, just went directly to them and Michalis the owner bent over backwards to help us, the alcohol didnt stop flowing and we lost count of the number of free drinks that everybody got (there was 32 of us in total).

We decided that we didnt want to have the wedding recorded however on the day the photographer brought along a trainee, after we asked Louise if we could by any chance have a copy of the dvd (as my friend recording it for us forgot to press the record button, doh!!) and we ended up getting it free!

The official pics are so nice, they make me cry everytime i look at them!!

Sue - im gonna put some pics on facebook tonight so you can have a cheeky peek and if anyone else wants to see them pm me and ill send you my facebook details.

Loopy2021 - Infinity weddings is based in Lindos just round the corner from the town hall. We used them for our table balloons and confetti and were ever so helpfull. We only ordered the balloons a couple of days before the wedding and they delivered them for us on time etc. Dont worry about them at all, the lady that ownes it is English and we delt with a Greek girl that spoke excellent english and they seemed to know what they were talking about. Try not to stress, if you look back at my posts on here you will see how much i stressed about the slightest sillyiest of things and now i have got married i realise there was no need at all to. If there is anything that i can do to help you just let me know.

Ooooo also the Lindos Mare where we stayed was out of this world!!!!! I have never stayed anywhere that is so nice, the staff were so friendly and all spoke english, the views were brill.........i could go on and on and on.

I cannot wait to go back hopefully this time next year for our 1st anniversary.

If there is anything that anybody wants to know that i havent covered just let me know.

Love a very very happy Mrs Claire xxxxxxx
Hi Claire,

It wont let me PM you for some reason, says that I don't have the facility (my email addy*** PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**hotmail.com) if you don't mind sharing your pics with me

Thanks
Loopy2021

edit

Claire please PM loopy she will be able to respond using the reply button [unforunatly she hasnt been a member long enough to initiate a pm]

wizard
:wow :yipee [congratulations/size[size=200][/size]......great news.... :cheers :kiss tweetie
well Claire..... as you see not got to grips with the gismos yet.....but you get the message

CONGRATULATIONS
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.