Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
hi we always go to swinton insurance as they are very reasonable think we payed 17.00 last year for 2 weeks hope yoy enjoy it at the regente we are goin to hotel orange we also got a good deal 2 weeks 2 adults full board 1,005 thought that was a really good deal
Thats a great deal considering we could have had one week at the Orange for £1200 inc codes! To be honest for an extra £40 we could have had 14 days at the Regente! school holidays for you!
Hi Chivas .. the e-mail address for the hotel is regente@medplaya.com

In addition to the reviews page, the Regente Hotel has its own dedicated thread which you may like to have a look through, or post any additional questions ... please click here.

We also have a separate Travel Insurance topic in our General Holiday Enquiries forum. Don't worry, you don't need to read all 23 pages of it, as member recommendations are summarised on page 1 of the thread .... please click here.

David :wave
We always book travel insurance with http://www.direct-travel.co.uk I have just done an estimate for you for 2 adults and 1 child and it came to £21.25 for a week. We have had no problems with this company, we even have had to cancel 2 holidays because of health problems and got our money back with no problems. They are part of the Axa insurance company. I hope this helps.
:D Hi Chivas, we too have booked with thomsons, to go to the regente (2-9 oct), 2 adults, + 1 child. £548.! half board.(With £50 prom code) . Son is 13 and apparantly they were doing free childs places up to the age of 14! at the regente.(Dont know if they are still doing them - as we booked this hol in oct of last year)

Have since been on thomsons website, (Like you do, - to see if price has gone up - I knew it would never go down - not at that price!!!), and yep, it had gone up by a couple of hundred, plus no free childs places were left. The prices are now coming out at over a £1,000, for the same dates, and similar 3* properties!

Hope you have a great time, and you'll have to give us a full report, on your return!

Enjoy,
BBB
Well after I booked I thought I'd try the exact same holiday and flights on Portland (as they still do the regente too)
For some reason it was over £1200!
same company, same everything!
What gives?
What gives?

Nothing Chivas.
I'm going to the Regente in April.....the cheapest price I found was with Portland, even taking a promotion code discount off the Thomson price.
We are using the same flight as Thomson.
I'm going back to the Regente for Xmas/New Year, I'm booked with Thomson.
Whilst they are basically the same company, they do tend to "play each other off "...and IMO it is just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

The deal I dropped on for Xmas, works out just shy of £600 less than I paid last Xmas staying in the Dalmatas...OK we are flying early Christmas morning and we have done that before.....but if all goes to plan, then I'll be phoning them to keep my Christmas dinner warm at lunch time. :lol:
I paid just under £1,600 for 2 x weeks, full board in the Dalmatas....flying on the 23rd Dec. 2006...with Mytravel.
I've got the Regente, 2 x weeks full board, with transfers for £1,044.....and I think that is a blinkin good price for Xmas/New Year....to good to be true, but it is true...I've not checked the price since, but it was booked last month.
It obviously works out at £522 each, or £261 per person, per week including flights/transfers.
* I've stayed in both Hotels and unless something has gone drastically wrong in the Regente since last June, then I know which is dishing up the better food.
*comparing with regards to my last visit to the Dalmatas.*
If you want any more info...just shout. :wink:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Cheers,
Do you know if the Dynastic was knocked down and rebuilt because when we went 9 years ago we were right by the Dynastic and even had to be picked uo from there but in the brosures it says it's a fairly new hotel! Looking on google earth it has new pools than what I remember!
We stayed at the Mariscal II, which I think were rented out appartments as we had a washing machine and neighbours who seemed as though they lived there! That was an Airtours allocation on arrival! Thomsons reckon it's 500 metres to the Beach from the Regente but I'm sure it must be more than that? It's slightly further up than the Dynastic which must be about 800m!
Also do you know if the buildings overlooking the pool are The Regente or just other appartments as they only have about 3 floors and I'm sure I can make out a shop in them!

Cheers
Hi Chivas .. the Dynastic was rebuilt in 2005, more info HERE.

David :wave
Also do you know if the buildings overlooking the pool are The Regente or just other appartments as they only have about 3 floors and I'm sure I can make out a shop in them!

Hi Chiva, they are privately owned apartments and as far as I know, there isn't a shop but it could be the Chinese Restaurant that you can see, not sure without looking at the photo.

Sue :)
thanks, are they allowed to use the pool?
I'm not sure if it was completely flattened to the ground or whether it was totally gutted out to a bare shell.
You can see the hotel Dynastic from my videos...with the outside lift going up and down.....we had a room overlooking the pool.

The building in front are private apartments and whilst some very early reviews which may have now been removed stated that they experienced noise from these apartments, having stayed twice in the Regente, then I heard absolutely nothing.
The only noise we heard during the world cup (June) was coming from the Hoxton bar across the road, but a member has posted very recently that this bar has now closed.

The purple building by the side of the pool is an outside bar that sells drinks/snacks, but it must only open during the summer months, as it was closed in April during our first visit, but open during June.

There is a glimpse of the Dynastic on the Regente video (with the orange glass balconies) and also on the end of the video clip Benidorm
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=58874&start=20

sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Chiva, they are privately owned apartments and as far as I know, there isn't a shop but it could be the Chinese Restaurant that you can see, not sure without looking at the photo.

The chinese restaurant is built in front of these apartments, but part of them, if that makes any sense.
thanks, are they allowed to use the pool?

Nope...I think I know where you're coming from Chivas....
I read where they were using the pool and like I say noise from the apartments....it just didn't happen whilst I was there and I had doubts about booking, after I had booked.....and worried myself sick over nothing.

Well, let's be realistic here...do you honestly believe I would book to stay somewhere cr@p.?
First time can be forgiven, but to go back for further helpings.?
I don't think so somehow....I might be daft, but I ain't completely stupid. :lol:
This is just my opinion, the Regente is not a 4* hotel and for the price we have paid, then I personally regard it good value for money.
You're never going to please everyone, I could sit here and pick faults with the hotel, just as I could pick faults with others.....

I've never yet stayed in an hotel that was perfect....give a little, take a little, and as long as the bedrooms/bathrooms are clean and there is something to eat, that's actually edible....then I just chill :lol:
If I had paid an absolute fortune to stay there, then that would be a different ball game. :wink:
Just to put it in perspective: a month after returning from the Regente, we are staying in a 4* hotel in the Costa del Sol, but I have paid nearly twice as much for that hotel, than I have for the Regente one month earlier....and again Thomson.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks,

To be honest I wasn't so worried about the overlooking apartments, just if they were part of the Regente i was gonna try and ask for one! :)
Also I know for the money we've paid it's very cheap, we had a budget of about £1200 and there were 4* hotels nearer to the beach available for about that price but when we saw the regente price of £776 I thought 'thats £400 less' Now in a week £400 gets you quite a lot and we can always take taxi money out of it if we need to get back from further away!
The reviews seem mainly very good and we're not too bothered anyway as we know benidorm is cheap to eat out if we prefer opn a few days! But looking at that Roast dinner on your video sanji I could eat thoses everyday!
Cheers
My wife wants to know if the cake shop is still on the sea front road. The one with the big glass windows and a lovely Lemon meringue pie!
My wife wants to know if the cake shop is still on the sea front road. The one with the big glass windows and a lovely Lemon meringue pie

If that's the one on the corner that does the huge do-nuts with apple or custard in the middle then YES and it had better be open this year too. :P
Do you mean the Copacabana/Farggi bar on the promenade.?
Sells bread and pastries that you can either take out or eat inside the cafe.?...and icecream :lol:
Tinted brown glass windows, on the promenade.?

sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.