America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Thanks Emdia for clearing the question for Luci. yes the configuration of the plane is 2 -4 - 2 - so the two at the end are the emergency exit, as you say for able bodied people, I will be looking at a wall in the centre - not a pretty sight for the long journey, but the extra leg room is vital. Thanks
I forgot about the middle seats on the plane. Doh! I should have remembered as I flown to the US enough times! My excuse is that we always get seats at the side. :oops:

luci :wave
We have booked a holiday to the USstarting on Aug28th flying
United Airlines.
our 1st stop Sanfrancisco [4days] collecting a hire car on the 5th
day and driving to Sacraemento [1night] then on to Lake Tahoe[2nights]
leaving Lake Tahoe for Mono Lakes [1night] hoping to visit the Yosemite
any help on what to do, see ,and how much time needed?next day leave
for Stovepipewells [1 night] we then continue through Death Valley to
Las Vegas for 8 nights,leaving the hire car. then its a flight to New Orleans
for the last 7 nights,all our accomodation has been booked.
If any of you well travelled people can help with the part from Lake Tahoe
to Las Vegas on what we should and not do we would be extremely gratefull.
thanks all
ann&john
Hi can anyone help with the above post
many thanks
ann :lol: :lol:
Are you asking for advice on things to do between Lake Tahoe and Vegas? You already mentioned Yosemite and that would be the main thing. You could easily spend a couple of days there. You could go through Death Valley National Park too. That's between Lake Tahoe and Vegas. Or, if you have time, you could drive to LA (Los Angeles, not Louisiana...at least, not yet!), which is "sorta kinda" on the way in that it's not directly between Lk Tahoe and Vegas but it's not totally out of the way either.

I have posted quite extensively in similar threads about things to do in California and also given help with directions and driving. Please let me know if you have other questions... I could always do a copy and paste job if needs be. :)
i cant help ann,but i would like to say,it sounds like a fantastic holiday !!!!
greyejectbutton,usually recommends,places you can visit,in that area,he's usually very helpful & knowledgable!
the trip between sf & vegas is one,of my must dos.
i'm sure someone will help soon
tracy
seems we posted,at the same time practically :)
Thanks for the reply,s as mentioned all our accomodation is booked
but wondered what entrance is best for Yosemite, and is there much to see on our drive through Death Valley.
thanks again for all your help Ann :lol:
I guess you would take the west entrance into Yosemite. That would be the quickest, anyway, since you would be heading south-east from Lake Tahoe. I have only ever been in the south entrance, not the west, although you could drive all the way through the park and come out the south side. In fact, I'd probably recommend that.
Thanks for that information,it was what entrance to use was our only concern,so will follow your advise.
:thanks Ann
Checking out tours now to the Grand Canyon from Vegas..so much choice. What do people think about west rim v south rim. The tour I am interested in with grandcanyontourcompany has the package I would ideally like, ie. helicopter trip to bottom of canyon and then boat trip along colorado river at a good rate 279 dollars to the west rim, but I don't want to find out later that I have "done it wrong" and should have gone to the south rim.

Any thoughts?
Lots of Grand Canyon HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
I just watched the late pm news and they mentioned that the temperature in Las Vegas this week will be 116F. In Death Valley it is expected to be 126. PHEW... good luck all you travelers out there...LOL
Yeah it's been real hot for a couple of weeks now. It was 96F here today. I have the air conditioning running nearly constantly at home!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.