Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
icklebunnie,
Log onto:-http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/08554.html
On the homepage you'll see "history & almanac"; if you type in your proposed dates you can check the actual weather on those dates for past years.Generally speaking, although there are no guarantees at that time of year,you should get a few days at least in the week where it's warm enough for shorts, but it will turn chilly after sunset.
You don't say what resort you're going to, so it's difficult to give any idea of what will be open, but,again generally speaking, the bigger the resort, the more will be up-and-running; only in the very small and quiet resorts does tourism shut down completely for the winter. Hope this is of some help.
Hi
Thanks for your reply. We would be staying in Albufeira. I'm still a little worried about the weather!! Never been anywhere that early in the year so i cant even begin to imagine what to expect.
Obviously i dont expect hot hot hot but somewhere with spring like temps would be great....

Maybe Tenerife would be better but its just that i found a great price in Albufeira.

Nic :(
Don't worry, there will be enough open for you. A resort the size of Albufeira never closes down completely.
As for the weather, we were there for Christmas;the week was,unfortunately,rainy,but,on the three days that it didn't rain we were in shorts and short-sleeved tops(although our Portuguese friends who came to visit us were dressed for the Antarctic and thought we'd lost our minds !!)
We were in Lagos in January a couple of years ago and,again, had a few days when we wore shorts but even on the days that weren't sunny it was quite comfortable without coats.One thing's for certain - it'll be a lot warmer than home. :lol:
Thanks for your prompt reply!!

Seriously thinking of booking it now because same as u say its warmer than home!!! And at £120 half board ..... how can i say NO!!!!!!

Nic :o
Would you reccomend Lagos or Alb?
I'm not really the right person to give you an unbiased answer- we first visited Lagos 18 years ago, fell in love with the place and have been back every year since- some years three or four times.We went to Albufeira at Christmas as we were looking for an All-inclusive hotel and there are none in Lagos.
If you'd like to give some indication of your ages( p.m. me if you don't want to put it on the open forum)and the sort of holiday you enjoy, I promise I'll try to be as unbiased as possible and point you in the right direction.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.