General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi....glynis. :) .i take my "wife".i have to.....
regards...............john-doe............. :) :) :) :)
The first 3 items on my packing list are:
1. Marmite
2. Corkscrew
3. Teabags.

Clothes are some way down. I'm glad I'm not alone.
passport, tickets and bank cards.
everything else is much further down list.
i hate tea, but i now have to take all sorts of teabags(green tea and fruit teas) on my trips to spain to keep the locals happy.
According to the survey 8,645000 jars of Marmite are taken abroad :yikes
:omg How many! Thats incredible. Mind you there is only one marmite! I always take mine if going self catering.
my essential top 3

1 Books and magazines
2 Nescafe
3 Notebook to record a diary each day as a memento of each holiday.
My tweezers are the most important. I took coffee and tea last time and didn't drink it.
My kettle, teabags, sugar and powdered milk are essentials are far as I'm concerned.

luci :wave
'Sir' - I have tried leaving him behind but he just cries and makes a scene, so I have to take him.......also, he has the plastic!!!!!! :D
My top 3...

1. Mellow Birds (can't stand anything but)

2. Organic Cereal Bars (for the Diabetic munchies !)

3. Lucozade tablets
Loads of nice hair care products for me, as my hair hates all that sun and sea and it's almost impossible to get a comb through unless I take supplies of leave in and intense conditioners!
Apart from the essentials. I could survive with-
glasses
book
hat
suncream

Though hubby would probably beg to differ and say that I take all bar the kitchen sink.
insulated travel mugs! Fantastic stuff for keeping drinks cool!
hair straighteners! :lol:
hair straighteners for me too , how did I live without them?
Also good reading matter, suncream, ipod, tweezers and lots of travel size clinique products.
I'm afraid hairstraightners is top of my list too :lol:
Hair straighteners are tops for me too (could never do a camping holiday now). Followed closely by t bags - I do love my cuppa.
:)
Do hair straightners work abroad? I've heard people say that theirs wouldn't heat up!

I have very frizzy/curly hair and it's not worth straightning mine anyway but I'm curious!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.